F300 Rpms too low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    Is the Performance Bulletin posted close to the rig you are running?
    If so you should be getting close to that info if yours is rigged properly
    I agree. Cobia added some options since that test so I believe my boat is heavier (updated hardtop and powerlift bow table). I also tested with some gear and full tank. Dealers still deliver with 15.25x20p props whether Powertech or Yamaha. Very confusing. I've discussed this with mbg as well as two dealers and other owners. I've also worked two prop gurus to trial props and get advice. They both claim engines manufactures have dialed back the mapping on many motors. They report this based on patterns they have seen propping many rigs for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Footankleg View Post
      I agree. Cobia added some options since that test so I believe my boat is heavier (updated hardtop and powerlift bow table). I also tested with some gear and full tank. Dealers still deliver with 15.25x20p props whether Powertech or Yamaha. Very confusing. I've discussed this with mbg as well as two dealers and other owners. I've also worked two prop gurus to trial props and get advice. They both claim engines manufactures have dialed back the mapping on many motors. They report this based on patterns they have seen propping many rigs for years.
      If I was your average PropGod, I would think I would have a collection of various test wheels. To rule out engine issues before wasting time testing various props. You might ask....

Comment

Working...
      X