92 TXRP 200 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 TXRP 200 problem

I have a 26 Wahoo with twin Yamaha 200TXRP’s 1992 carbureted, I bought the boat which was a victim of Hurricane Wilma, the port engine got swamped with salt water and the starboard engine was o.k. rebuilt the powerhead on the port engine and rebuilt the carbs and fuel pumps on both engines, and installed new racor filters. this is the problem, the boat runs great on both engines, (44mph @ 5200rpm) when I power the starboard engine only it runs smoothly all the way through from 600 to 5000rpm…now on the rebuilt one (port) smooth from 600 to 2200rpm then it seams to be starving for fuel. it misses and will only get to 3000rpm, I have removed the carbs, checked all passages and cleaned them again, checked the plugs, compression, timing and advance…all is ok…Can anyone explain to me why this is happening under load when running on the one engine only, any help is well appreciated

do your buzzers work correcly as you may be in rpm reduction. or you may have to go thru your fuel system, specially the carbs.

Comment

Gord,
      Get the motor to 3000 max rpm WOT and have someone check the primer bulb. If it has collapsed, then there is a restriction from there on back to the fuel tank.
      If the primer bulb has not collapsed, then pump several times until firm - if the rpm climbs above 3000, then the fuel pump(s) is suspect.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

What Ken said. I just went through hell trying to find a fuel problem with my 89 200 and I think I had multiple problems including clogged carbs and a bad primer bulb.

Comment

JB...buzzers work fine, gone through the carbs a few times..

Ken...I tried the primmer bulb and does not change a thing, I will try the primmer bulb again this weekend...last time it was with someone else...this time I will try pumping the bulb myself

thanks everyone for the advise...

Comment

Working...
          X