Reviews on 2010 Yammy 70 HP 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviews on 2010 Yammy 70 HP 4 stroke

I have found a boat I kinda like. It is powered by a 2010 70 HP Yamaha. That was the first year of the small block engine, does anybody out there have any opinion on this first generation motor? Did it, being all new, bring any problems with it?

Thanks for your help, Missed Again
    I have waddled my way through life acting like I knew where I was going and pretending it was important that I get there on time.

No known problematic issues with that model. Pretty solid and well thought of.

Motor is now 6/7 years old. Any problems (if any) should have long since been sorted out.

You can call Yamaha USA (if this is a USA model F70) to see if any warranty claims have been filed. If so, for what.

Comment

My buddy has that motor on a polar craft Jon boat, great motor ,I maintain it , no issues at all. Only problem that we ever encountered , switched fuel tanks mid fishing trip , tank had water in it , alarm sounded , drained fuel filter, fished the rest of the day , my point being the water detection system worked , good motor !

Comment

F70/60/50 tiller shift lever reversible?

Keen to move to Yam F70 from Honda 60 - can anyone please tell me if the shift lever on the bigger Yam multifunction tiller is reversible [i.e. can be unbolted from stbd side of tiller and swapped across to port side]?

Is a major req for me as on long ocean crossings need to be able to stand with hip against tiller when rough, and the stbd mounted shift handle in fwd gear poition is right where you want your hip to be. Honda 60 shift lever is reversible - hence the query - but want to make the jumo to the Yam for many reasons, just need to nut this tiller issue out.

thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by offthegrid View Post
          Keen to move to Yam F70 from Honda 60 - can anyone please tell me if the shift lever on the bigger Yam multifunction tiller is reversible [i.e. can be unbolted from stbd side of tiller and swapped across to port side]?

Is a major req for me as on long ocean crossings need to be able to stand with hip against tiller when rough, and the stbd mounted shift handle in fwd gear poition is right where you want your hip to be. Honda 60 shift lever is reversible - hence the query - but want to make the jumo to the Yam for many reasons, just need to nut this tiller issue out.

thanks!!
          I don't think the shift handle is reversible. Have a look at attached parts diagram.

This is for: 6X4-42101-01-00 HANDLE,STEERING MAIN
          Last edited by panasonic; 06-22-2017, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X