Clear All

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

In any case, my guess is it was an "innocent assumption"

not a deliberate intent to deceive
    Agreed. No intent.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      Boscoe may be dodging tornados..
      We don't normally get crap for weather here where I live. A mountain is nearby. Mountain seems to break up or divert the weather before it gets here.

I like knock down drag out thunder storms. Theyusually dissipate before they get to my house.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300
        But alas, we'll never know..

Boscoe is AWOL...
        Patience grasshopper.

Comment

well at least the post count has risen today

Comment

Boscoe, I thought you'd be tail gating rite now.

Comment

Originally posted by townsendsfjr1300
              un-subscribed anyway so take your time...
              lol............

Comment

Nope. Coca-Cola
                Ahh, recognize anyone in this pic?

[IMG]cokeop by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]
                Chuck,
                1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Fred Simpson.

Comment

With respect to the chart my basic point was that using an economy figure (MPG) based on a lighter boat weight (only partial fuel on board) was misleading. The boat will not have the economy with full fuel that it will have with less than full fuel. Now granted it will have better economy below the weight at which they derived their economy figure but I don't think that will come close to offsetting the lesser economy at the higher weight.

There are a number of other variables that enter into the equation but I now hesitate to bring them up. Some might be contentious. Don't want to go looking for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      With respect to the chart my basic point was that using an economy figure (MPG) based on a lighter boat weight (only partial fuel on board) was misleading. The boat will not have the economy with full fuel that it will have with less than full fuel. Now granted it will have better economy below the weight at which they derived their economy figure but I don't think that will come close to offsetting the lesser economy at the higher weight.

There are a number of other variables that enter into the equation but I now hesitate to bring them up. Some might be contentious. Don't want to go looking for trouble.
                      Not to start trouble either, but I think a 250 gal fuel load on that boat would give a lower than average fuel consumption for the duration of the fuel range. In the 250 gal case, you would have to deduct the "reserve" of 42 gals. That's 208 gals usable. If you figure a usable capacity fuel amount of 377 gals topped off, the 208 gals is more than half. Now I don't know how proportional the fuel weight to fuel efficiency would be, but seems common that you should base range on weight of fuel average for the duration of the trip.
                      Chuck,

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
                        Ahh, recognize anyone in this pic?

[IMG]cokeop by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]
                        Members of the Coca-Cola Consolidated flight department include (L–R) Safety Capt Daniel Johnson, Vice Chairman Henry “Hank” Flint, Senior Maintenance Tech Dan Canfield, Av Dir Mark Chaney, Training and Standards Capt Ron Griffin and Chief Pilot Mike Garrett.

Fred Simpson.
                        No Fred Simpson. I thought you might know Dan Canfield

Nice Citation X.

I remember Cessna had a single pilot Citation I/SP. New York Yankees catcher Thurman Munson was killed in his on August 2, 1979 while practicing touch-and-go landings.

I also remember early model Lear Jets with all those winglets/tabs on their wings. Can't remember how they were fastened, hope not Phillips screws!
                        Chuck,

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
                          Members of the Coca-Cola Consolidated flight department include (L–R) Safety Capt Daniel Johnson, Vice Chairman Henry “Hank” Flint, Senior Maintenance Tech Dan Canfield, Av Dir Mark Chaney, Training and Standards Capt Ron Griffin and Chief Pilot Mike Garrett.

No Fred Simpson. I thought you might know Dan Canfield

Nice Citation X.

I remember Cessna had a single pilot Citation I/SP. New York Yankees catcher Thurman Munson was killed in his on August 2, 1979 while practicing touch-and-go landings.

I also remember early model Lear Jets with all those winglets/tabs on their wings. Can't remember how they were fastened, hope not Phillips screws!
                          I have no idea who those people are. I don't work for Consolidated. No idea who Fred Simpson is either. Messing with you. Munson should have stuck with baseball. Just like the NASCAR owner that cracked up two planes before giving up. Edit: owner is Jack Roush, apparently still flying, oh well...owns a P-51. Yikes!
                          Last edited by pstephens46; 01-24-2017, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I have no idea who those people are. I don't work for Consolidated. No idea who Fred Simpson is either. Messing with you. Munson should have stuck with baseball. Just like the NASCAR owner that cracked up two planes before giving up. Edit: owner is Jack Roush, apparently still flying, oh well...owns a P-51. Yikes!
                            Flying, but how well? He has been involved in several crashes as I recall. Think he now flies with but one eye following his crash at Oshkosh where he let the airplane get away from him on landing. I recall he flew into some wires while flying over a lake in Alabama and crashed into the lake. Were it not for some fisherfolks that rescued him he probably would have died then.

You know those drivers that you come across on the road? Some of those people are flying aeroplanes.

Comment

flying low

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                                Flying, but how well? He has been involved in several crashes as I recall. Think he now flies with but one eye following his crash at Oshkosh where he let the airplane get away from him on landing. I recall he flew into some wires while flying over a lake in Alabama and crashed into the lake. Were it not for some fisherfolks that rescued him he probably would have died then.

You know those drivers that you come across on the road? Some of those people are flying aeroplanes.
                                Flying a P-51 with a bad eye. Is that legal?

Pilots that develop egos as they train and move upward through different aircraft I can understand. Pilots that start out with an ego, arrogance and disregard for the rules and laws tend to have issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X