Yamaha G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha G3

I HAVE A 2013 Yamaha G3 with a 115 main motor and a 9.9 kicker, in the small center compartment is a micron gas line filter for the 115 and below that is a smaller one for the 9.9 kicker. I do not use the smaller one and currently have a portable 5 gallon for the 9.9.I want to convert the 9.9 to my main supply and have no clue how to get to that smaller one for removal its deep. Id there any special tool to grab this or any suggestions on how to get too it? other wise I'd have to hook up 2 new lines to the bigger one. I only burn non ethanol so going from removing the tank and using the main gas tank is not a problem, I would prefer to use the already installed separate micron filter.

Thanks

I would think pictures would help people know what you are dealing with, or part #s of the filter.

also, Posting the model #s of you motors is always a good idea instead of just HP

Comment

There are two in and two out fittings on the
      ten micron filter head, remove the out plug
      [arrow out] install your fuel line there.

Comment

Sorry about that,Boat is in Storage,I thought about that and new a pic would make a differance,just decided I wanted to make that change and if someone had the same boat might understand.Appreciate the reply.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,my boat is in storage so I couldn't remember if it was a single or dual output.Thanks, that sounds like the best way.

Comment

Seems there's a bunch of different "G3" models,

IE: G3 Boats 2013 160PFX which is why folks asked about a model, etc.

As posted above, if you simply have just a standard filter mount, there's two inlet options as well as two outlet options:

Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1956 View Post
              Thanks for the reply,my boat is in storage so I couldn't remember if it was a single or dual output.Thanks, that sounds like the best way.
              I have read that you will need shut off valves in the lines so that one motor while running cannot suck fuel and air from the other motors fuel system. Maybe related to carbed motors that the carbs are vented.
              something to research I guess

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                I have read that you will need shut off valves in the lines so that one motor while running cannot suck fuel and air from the other motors fuel system. Maybe related to carbed motors that the carbs are vented.
                something to research I guess
                Probably good to have isolation valves "just in case".

If the engine has a diaphragm type fuel pump, the internal valving should prevent backflow.

And "in theory" the priming bulbs, with their two-check-valves-in-series could be sufficient.

Although there are several types of valves used in bulbs,
                some which only seem to work when the bulb is vertically positioned.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                  Probably good to have isolation valves "just in case".

If the engine has a diaphragm type fuel pump, the internal valving should prevent backflow.

And "in theory" the priming bulbs, with their two-check-valves-in-series could be sufficient.

Although there are several types of valves used in bulbs,
                  some which only seem to work when the bulb is vertically positioned.
                  Seems that most any primer ball should work better if positioned vertically with the outlet on top. Gravity is then assisting the springs as opposed to opposing the springs.

Comment

Just ran into this when helping a friend fix his Dad's boat. Primer bulb had developed a hole - after replacing we found that the new bulb ( Bass Pro cheapo ) would not pump AT ALL unless held vertically. The Yamaha bulb on my Whaler seems to pump just fine in the horizontal position.

JB
                    '87 Outrage 18, '04 F150
                    '97 SeaArk 15, F25

Comment

The lighter the spring pressure on the balls, the less restriction there is to fuel flow. Which is good. But it might make the primer ball be a bit more sensitive to orientation.

Comment

the cheap ones seem very hard and do not pump as well as the more expensive stuff from dealers

Comment

Working...
                        X