X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiFi

Just when I thought I had seen it all.

Wi-Fi Battery Monitor | Deltran Battery Tender

Nifty gadget, but unsure of its necessity despite whether or not its inexpensive. Has a battery meter become archaic?
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

some think everything should be read from their smart phone so they never have to look up away from it

Comment

I need an app for wiping my .....

Maybe an app to check the battery water level too!

What about the engine oil level. Heck, now I have to pull the hood, pull the
        stick, wipe it off. Wait! I need a break.

Ok, back to work, put the stick in the hole, remove stick, read the stick before all the oil runs off it (jeez, way too much stuff to do!!). ***, what a long day..

Jeez, how lazy can you get??

Gotta go, my DIAL PHONE with it's coiled cord is ringing!
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

What is a "dial" on a phone?

This from a guy who's home phone as a boy was a party line. Two other houses and ours shared the same phone number. Fairfax something or other as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            What is a "dial" on a phone?

This from a guy who's home phone as a boy was a party line. Two other houses and ours shared the same phone number. Fairfax something or other as I recall.
            I don't know why, but I still recall my parents party line phone # Primrose-5-1647 before we moved to Florida in 1969. For some reason there were a bunch of VW bugs around and you could see the bottom of canals through the blue water!

What progress we have made!!!
            Chuck,
            1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Come on, get with it Boscoe!! My rotary phone!!!

I've got the "app" with the longer (6') coiled phone line!

Now the dial on my flip phone could be larger, way too small..

I need a carburetor with a trickle choke (Bing) to work on.....

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 01-09-2017, 05:26 PM.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by cpostis View Post
                I don't know why, but I still recall my parents party line phone # Primrose-5-1647 before we moved to Florida in 1969. For some reason there were a bunch of VW bugs around and you could see the bottom of canals through the blue water!

What progress we have made!!!
                How do I dial Primrose?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                  How do I dial Primrose?
                  Your kidding right??
                  Scott

Comment

Area code PRI, IE, the associated #'s with the letters..
                    Scott

Comment

Was it BR-549
                      or PR 549

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                        Your kidding right??
                        Of course. I'm bored....Our fine reporting system here at the plant is kaput again......

Matter fact, I might leave early. There is a hacksaw and an impeller that needs some attention at the house.....
                        Last edited by pstephens46; 01-09-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Of course. I'm bored....Our fine reporting system here at the plant is kaput again......

Matter fact, I might leave early. There is a hacksaw and an impeller that needs some attention at the house.....
                          Don't forget to bring the BFH!
                          Scott

Comment

How do I dial Primrose?
                            The corresponding # of each of the syllables of flower names were used in NY . Primrose would be 77. Area codes for long distance did not begin until early in the 60's
                            Damn, I'm old!
                            Chuck,
                            1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Our town (Columbus, GA) only had three prefixes. CYpress. MUrdock. FAirfax.

The whole state of Georgia had just one area code. 404.

It was a big deal to take or make a long distance call.

On Sunday the entire town shut down. Maybe the bowling alley was open. Ever heard of "blue laws"?

We almost always ate at home. Big deal was going out to Pritchett's Fish Camp where it was all you could eat for $1.35. My dad complained about the high cost of feeding a family of six.

Did not have air conditioning in the house until I was 14 years old. Did not know what humidity was. We thought it was normal.

Pretty exciting when my mom got her first car and we became a two car family. Now I have three of my own.

The boat was a 16' plywood something or other with the biggest baddest Mercury made at the time. All of 80 HP. No neutral gear. You either started it in forward or reverse.

My mom died lamenting that when her stuff broke it could no longer be fixed. She could not/would not accept that you throw stuff away and buy it new, better and cheaper.

Damn the world has changed. From where I sit, I don't see it for the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X