2017 CL Multi-Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 CL Multi-Hub

Hello, I was looking at connecting my command link information into my NMEA 2000 network. When looking at my wiring it appears the setup does not utilize the multi-hub??? looks like I have the main harness from the motor come in with 5 connections... 1 - power, 1 - speed, 1- tach, and two not connected. How does one connect the getaway in this configuration? does the hub have to be present or am I missing something here. Thanks for any advice!!

We are missing the model of the motor. That is the most important missing part.

To use the Gateway you need to use a Yamaha hub and to have a spare device port available on the hub. If not, another hub can be jumpered to an existing hub.

Now some motors that have only a Command Link tachometer and speed/fuel meter don't use a hub. They use a Y harness. Is this what you have? To get engine data to an NMEA 2000 device you are going to need to install a hub, if one is not there already.

Without knowing where you are it is difficult to give you directions to get you to the place you want to be.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply & information boscoe99

motor model is F200XB

from your reply I'm guessing I have the "Y" harness...

Any more information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Comment

What you might have is what is shown on page 2-11 of this document:

http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2016/MRP/

With an F200XB you do not need to use a Gateway. Instead you can install a Lowrance 0120-37 cable that plugs into a Yamaha CL hub at one end and to your NMEA 2000 network at the other end. But, if you want to use a Gateway then it will plug into the CL hub at one end and to your NMEA 2000 network at the other end.

See page 2-12 of the linked document for the configuration that uses a hub instead of the Y cable.

Comment

Thank you for your help!!

Comment

Sorry just one more question... On the "Y" harness it has an open in-line hub connector (dummy plug Terminated) can I connect the interface (Lowrance 0120-37) there? Seems to be two open connectors one with blue & white (Signal/data?) the other with Black & Red (Power?). Not sure what these connectors are used for...

Thanks!

Comment

The illustration below is what I am guessing is the configuration that you have. Is this correct?

If you have two gauges connected to the two terminals at the end of the 6Y8-82521-80-00 Y harness, with the other end of the Y harness being connected to the 6Y8-82553-60-00 harness, with that harness being connected to the pig tail harness, I don't understand where the Lowrance harness can be connected.

Now if your configuration is using the hub then that is a different matter. See the diagram below.

Comment

I was looking at the 6Y8-82521-80-00 Y harness and noticed two connectors where the split is for the gauges. I guess I'm getting hung up on the Yamaha description of the y harness, where it refers to it as an in-line hub.

Updated.jpg

If thats not the case I guess with the set up I have the options I have are
                1) leave it alone and use the gauges only
                2) re-wire to include the yamaha hub so both can be used (gauges & NMEA)
                3) connect in to the motor with Lowrance 0120-37 and only use the NMEA

Is that correct?

Thanks & happy new year!

Comment

I suppose what I call the Y harness Yamaha calls an inline hub. It does take the place of the regular hub. Might just be a Jap to English translation deal. Better to talk specific part numbers anyway.

I am not in a position to say what anyone else should do. I don't even know what I want to do some times.

Comment

Working...
                  X