90 hp 2 stroke stator, pulses coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 hp 2 stroke stator, pulses coil

I need some help! I have a 99 AETO 90 hp that blew the powerhead, I found another stripped powerhead that as best I can tell is a 2002 - 2005. Everything bolts up the same as the 99 with the exception of the stator and pulses coil. The 3 raised bolt castings are lower on the new powerhead than the older one. I made some spacers and raised the stator and coil up so that they are close to level with the rotor (flywheel). From my investigation it appears that the newer model also had the black box and linkage that connected to the throttle lever which the older model didn't have. Does anyone know if it will work correctly the way I have it now ? Are these parts interchangeable

not sure what that black box you speak of is right off hand, but I would think you would need to use all of the stuff from one year model or the other. Not mix them up

Comment

99' 90 hp

All the electrical parts are all from the same engine. My concern is the mounting of the stator and pulser coil, since the height of the screw casting on the block is not as tall on the new block as the older (99) block.

Comment

and your going to need to check the taper,length and dia of the crank.
        also check the keyway orientation.
        the ign system is widly different from the US market 84-91 than the 92 up motors.

Comment

Is your motor oil injected or does it use premix?

If the attach points on one block are different points than the other block then in Yamaha's mind they are not interchangeable.

The attach points for the stator and pulser coils are pretty important.

Comment

90 hp 2 stroke stator, pulser coil

It is oil injection, after messing with it for a few hours today I finally got it running. Not right but running. The carbs and linkage needs to be adjusted. I'm working on that now, I will update my progress

Comment

Working...
            X