Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help 115 2 stroke

I have a 1989 Yamaha 115 Beto v4.

Idles no worries but when I'm idling along 4 or 5 knots sounds a bit off like it needs to clear its throat when I start to accelerate is starts to accelerate the cuts out like its suddenly run out of fuel. only does it when I'm trying to accelerate.

We go one person by the motor and they were pumping the priming bulb and managed to get up on the plane and the motor could stay on the plane but didn't sound quite right once we slowed down again could not get it back on the plane.

The motor has been off the boat for 2months sitting in a garage lying on its back while the boat has been getting painted but back on and now won't run properly.

any help would be good.

Cheers

Check fuel pump, clean carbs and make sure you dont have any water in gas

Comment

I agree with the previous reply. Sounds like a combination of dirty jets and fuel pump. But with dirty jets, a functioning or nonfunctioning fuel pump wouldn't make a difference. You still wouldn't be able to accelerate.

Pull carbs are clean jets thoroughly. Reinstall and see if that did the job. If not, address the fuel pump.

Since you had the engine on it's side for a few months it's a good idea anyway to pull carbs to check that the floats and needle valves aren't stuck.
      Jason
      1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Working...
      X