round speed fuel gauge last model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• round speed fuel gauge last model

Hello, i have intention to buy a gauge -speed fuel -the round one ( the new model with round buttons ) and need yours advices: it is necesary an optional sensor for fuel flow? ( the gauge show me fuel flow, ttl , econ, etc..) it is included ( the sensor for fuel flow) in engin part( as standard ) and it is displays by nmea 2000 network right now? or it is necessary optional sensor?

thanks in advance !

sorry for language mistake!

How did you come up with the name Pubertfester?

Comment

depends.
      is this a command link round or the old digital round?

is your motor command link compatible?

Comment

Yes it is the round one model digital comand link- the new model .
        I look for the code to be more precise.
        Yes , i have comand link and is working with tach (brother of the speed fuel gauge) f100 model engine
        Last edited by pubertfester; 12-16-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

There are two types of speed-fuel meters. First is the conventional multifunction type that requires that a sensor be installed in the fuel line. The second is the Command Link speed-fuel meter (round or square versions) that do not require a sensor. Fuel flow data is provided by the ECU to the gauge via a Command Link network.

You mentioned the speed-fuel meter as having round buttons. Both types to me appear to have oval buttons so I am not really clear as to the specific device to which you are referring.

Comment

If this is the type of gauge of which you are speaking it will plug and play, just like the tachometer. No sensor needed.

Comment

Sorry for confusing but when you look for something ( code for speed fuel gauge) you don t found :-). So : the model is the brother of 6y8 T 20 tach.

Comment

Boscoe99 you are the king ! This is what i want to buy -the speed fuel gauge

Comment

Boscoe99 please tell me if it is just plug and play in my nmea2000 the functions: ttl, flow, econ will be on? I am interested by this all functions: ttl, flow, econ, to be functional!
                  Last edited by pubertfester; 12-16-2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

You can read about the round Command Link speed-fuel gauge here:

http://yamahaoutboards.com/sites/def...28Round%29.pdf

The speed-fuel gauge will simply plug into your CL hub, just like the tachometer does. Now to get the economy function you are going to have to supply an NMEA 0183 speed input from your GPS receiver. Depicted in the illustration below.

Comment

Latest part number is -20-00. Here is the earlier version shown at boats.net. There website has not been updated to show the latest P/N.

6Y8-83500-11-00 Yamaha Speedometer/Fuel Management Gauge- Round

Comment

Another way to skin the cat.

Comment

Thank you very much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                            How did you come up with the name Pubertfester?
                            Is this something that should be known in mixed company?

Comment

Philip Ubert Fester is descendent of Frederik Philips.

Frederik Philps bought a small manufacturing plant and in 1891 Philips began making carbon-filament lamps and quickly became one of the largest producers in Europe. From the outset, Philips was an export-oriented company. Large orders were won in Russia.

Philip Ubert Fester is better known as "Uncle Fester" and to this day he still has an electric personality.

[IMG]***_n by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]
                              Chuck,
                              1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
                              X