Combustion chamber cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combustion chamber cleaner

Just found out about the product and wanted to get everyone's opinion on it? How does it work?when are you suppose to use it and how often? The ks

are you talking about ring free? If so, I believe it is one ounce per 10 gallons of fuel. It supposedly cuts down on the carbon buildup.

Comment

Seems like most people believe these products can fix everything in minutes.

Comment

Personally, I just pony up for name brand (aka "Top Tier") gasoline.

That seems to take care of it...

Comment

Derail - What ever happened to "Greasyshaft" from Fiji?

Comment

I've been using RF for years.

(As does Rodbolt in his personal boat which says a bunch)..

I recently did a shock treatment 2 oz / 1 gallon on my 600 cc Yamaha
            motorcycle, 4 stroke, 4 banger, fuel injected.

I have aftermarket exhaust on it (SS) and did physically see more soot/ black, around the tips of the exhaust. Normally, there is none. The fuel has since been diluted and the soot gone..

From personal experience, I can feel the bike run better/smoother with the operational amount.

Same results in my other small gas engines.

If you have a multi carbed OB and it sits alot, besides non-ethonol fuel, the RF is a fuel system cleaner and will help prevent varnish build / clogged jets. Approx $50 a quart that'll last most folks quite awhile, IMO, is cheaper and easier than pulling carbs (or paying someone a bunch) and the down time.

Just a side note-related:
            I was in the back yard yesterday and heard, (about a canal over) someone starting a 2 stroke OB(It's now season down here, yankee's are returning after 6 months). The engine was not in water (super noisy) but this thing had SO many lean sneezes / misfiring on at least 1 cylinder, probably 2, I was waiting for it to let loose (sounded like several firecrackers)!!

Someone's going to be busy with that engine...
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Yamaha has some good stuff that only the Yamaha dealer shop can get and use.

but there is other cleaners anyone can buy that do a good job.

I have not used the Yamaha CC or read the instructions, but the best thing to do is follow the instructions on the can or bottle I am sure.

I have used sea foam in the past when I get a used OB.
              mix the shock treatment for one gal run and spray more directly into intake and plug holes let sit over night and run some more out on the water.

when back in the driveway there was a black goo running out of the thru prop exhaust enough for me to put something down to catch it.

It will remove carbon.
              Yamaha stuff is probably a lot better at it as Seafoam has been around longer than these modern 2 stroke oils have
              Last edited by 99yam40; 12-01-2016, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I use the combustion chamber cleaner a lot.
                it works great for cleaning carbs and unsticking pumps and injectors.
                for decarbing a motor I use YIEC it works well.

Comment

I'm talking about Yamaha combustion chamber cleaner. ACC-CMBSN-CL-NR Yamaha Combustion Chamber Cleaner
                  I plan on buying a few cans just to clean out anything I can. I also have ring free that I plan on using for the first time in a 2003 yamaha 130. I'm hoping to continue using ring free for now on as I've heard great things. I'm trying to maintain my yamaha too keep it in tip top shape. Thanks guys

Comment

Rodbolt, is this, ^^^^, the commercial grade cleaner the shops use or?
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                    X