is it a VMAX HPDI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it a VMAX HPDI?

I have recently purchased a boat and it has a 200HP VMAX HPDI motor that I believe is a 2006 model. The serial number however is Z200NETO? From my understanding if it was a VMAX HPDI motor it would have a VZ200 serial?

I don't know what the difference is between the VMAX and the HPDI but have read it is shaft length, but may also be a difference in block size?

The full serial number is 6G6 Z200NETO X 1026093 K

Would be interested in any comments - could it be a 200HP HPDI motor simply with a VMAX cowling?

Cheers

The X indicates a 25 inch shaft, A VZ would be a 20 inch shaft, it does appear you have a Z200, they are both HPDI,

Comment

Absolutely a Z200 and not a VZ200. Not a VZ200 (Vmax) at all. In addition to the shaft length there are other differences as well. ECU, power trim and tilt assembly, lower unit, etc.

Possibly someone installed an VZ200 power plant on a Z200 frame or maybe the VZ graphics were added.

A Z200NETO is the equivalent of the USA model Z200TXR built for production year 2006.

2006 and Later Z200TXR Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Wonder why a different T/T assembly?

Comment

why does the non US sx250aeto not have an O2 sensor?
          only Yamaha knows.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            Absolutely a Z200 and not a VZ200. Not a VZ200 (Vmax) at all. In addition to the shaft length there are other differences as well. ECU, power trim and tilt assembly, lower unit, etc.

Possibly someone installed an VZ200 power plant on a Z200 frame or maybe the VZ graphics were added.

A Z200NETO is the equivalent of the USA model Z200TXR built for production year 2006.

2006 and Later Z200TXR Yamaha Outboard Parts
            Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to identify what sort of power plant it is running? I was looking for a plate that tells you the displacement etc. but was unable to spot anything. Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X