No announcement yet.

getting winter storage lubricant into the cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE, all my engines are run year round...Thus, no winterizing...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

goes back to the two reasons I posted.
      outboards are self draining.
      they don't care how cold it gets.
      50*F below 0 and no worries.

however most manufactures recommend protecting the fuel system and internal engine parts for extended storage. most manufacturers define extended storage as non use for over 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
        IE, all my engines are run year round...Thus, no winterizing...
        You can't find a speck of corrosion on anything Townsend owns. I don't know when he sleeps....

Comment

Between the regular use of RF and K100, (and short of the low idle when new, and a swollen fuel filter cup), never had an issue with the fuel system.

I run the RF in every gas engine I own and as you know, its works very well in the fuel system..
          Scott

Comment

Ya well its snowing here now and the lakes and ponds will freeze soon. And if it gets cold enough the ocean bays will freeze over as well. Still use the boat in the pack ice, only good thing about it is, two strokes work great when its really cold!! LOL

Comment

Always felt sorry for the guys up north with the three month boating season.
              You really got to like boats!

Comment

74 F here on Tx coast but a little breezy 17 MPH according to the weather channel

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  74 F here on Tx coast but a little breezy 17 MPH according to the weather channel
                  At least a south wind. These north winds keep the fish from biting here. Don't know why but true.

Comment

I try not to go if they call for 13 or more because it will be closer to 20 than 10 on the water

Long as it is a light wind I usually can catch fish some where, but change in weather will give them lock jaw
                    Last edited by 99yam40; 11-27-2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I feed the fish... Doesn't matter about the winds.. (Ie, I suck at fishing)

We did go out a couple days ago with my neighbors boat(and the Suzuki LU we got welded/fixed-ran great) and spotted a school of dolphins, fairly big... Got probably about 20' from em...
                      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 11-27-2016, 04:19 PM.
                      Scott

Comment

I throw plastic, very tough to get them to bite sometimes.
                        Last Monday I bet I saw 25 to 30 Reds , but could not get any to hit my lures.
                        shallow water and clear for this area.
                        usually single fish cruising the edge of grass or in the grass.
                        there were schools of finger mullet everywhere. the reds were not even busting them.

guess they were looking for crab and shrimp.
                        Still had an enjoyable day hunting them.
                        gets old if you do not even see any much less not get any hits

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                          I try not to go if they call for 13 or more because it will be closer to 20 than 10 on the water

Long as it is a light wind I usually can catch fish some where, but change in weather will give them lock jaw
                          Do you use corks or popping corks for reds? I have used the Vudu artificial shrimp this year with great results. Either when I run out of live shrimp or the trash fish are thick and stealing my bait.

Comment

usually sight fish in shallow water less than a foot deep.
                            I use a small slim cork about 18" above the lead head just to keep my line on top of the water as I reel to help keep lure up off bottom depending on how fast I am reeling.

see some nice trout also .
                            have caught some 28 to 30" trout on the flats, but usually when I see them they also see me and haul A$$.
                            Pick up a flounder from time to time also while throwing at the reds

Comment

Guess this OP is long gone....

Clear water over here is about 2 feet visibility. When water drops below 58 or so, starts to really clear up. Bait is long gone so fish get really spooked. Dolphin have to eat and they will hunt the big ones. Cold weather fishing is a completely different technique. More like yours in TX as you describe. Money minnows are good....

Comment

Working...
                              X