Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues with running above idle.

I have a 1992 P200TRLQ.
    I probably did too much at one time, after not running except on hose for about a year.
    Rebuilt carbs, replace fuel pumps, replaced fuel line, and removed hot foot, remove old gas and cleaned system.
    Idle is nice and smooth however when I put in the water and advance the throttle above 2400 rpm it bogs down, anything below that is nice and smooth.
    What could be possible issues?

most likely dirty carbs.
    does the alarm work?
    can be tested by pulling the stop lanyard and cranking it.

Comment

alarm does work, I was thinking along that same line, will pull back apart and check it out, when I replaced the fuel lines, used line with like a mylar sleeve in it, it melted and probably have more in there.

Comment

if this motor still uses a quick connect check the oring in the engine side.
        I have seen them swell and restrict fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          does the alarm work?
          can be tested by pulling the stop lanyard and cranking it.
          Which alarm is tested by doing the above??
          Jason
          1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

the alarm buzzer

may not work on all Yams

Comment

And why does it alarm when lanyard is disengaged while cranking?...or is that why it's alarming?
              Jason
              1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

to let you know that the motor will not start because the kill switch is engaged and to let you know that the alarm buzzer works if you hear it

Comment

Originally posted by rledward56us View Post
                  alarm does work, I was thinking along that same line, will pull back apart and check it out, when I replaced the fuel lines, used line with like a mylar sleeve in it, it melted and probably have more in there.
                  My "Marine" fuel line internally broke down into a "slimy noodle looking" mess. It was the short piece from the transom filter to the under cowl Yamaha filter. I happened to notice it (doing reg maintenance) IN the Yamaha filter. (Went to non-ethanol fuel after that as well)

Check / clean your Yamaha filter. My pieces were large and couldn't get past the filter..

All good after cleaning and replacing that fuel line.

And as posted above, agreed, sounds like your main jets are still clogged up.
                  Pull them and make sure you can see light thru them. A spritz of carb cleaner in there don't count..
                  Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 11-27-2016, 01:46 PM. Reason: typo
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

pulled and cleaned carbs. did have a little clogging. Also pulled pumps , clean. blew out lines from pumps, nothing. I'll clean the filters (didn't think of that).
                    thank you for the help.

Comment

Plz post back how you make out/ found the problem, etc...
                      Scott
                      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                      X