F25ESH Wire harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F25ESH Wire harness

Does anyone know if there is a 10 pin wire harness that could replace 65w-82590-30-00 wire harness assembly. Apparently this part is on backorder for everyone.

Just to check - is this the correct wire harness for F25ESH TO 703-48207-21-00 side mount control box?

Is 65w-82590-20-00 just an earlier model and will it work?

Thanks for help
    Last edited by MathewsL; 11-20-2016, 10:33 AM.

A 65W-82590-30-00 wire harness is the ten pin type. For use with an F25TLR but not for an F25ESH.

The F25ESH does not have a tilt unit. That is what the other three wires are for.

The 65W-82590-30-00 harness is not on back order. It is available in stock. But in Japan. Fedex is ready and willing when you and Yamaha US are.

The 65W-82590-20-00 harness is for the 25ESR model. The remote con*****ed electric start model but with no tilt unit.

See below:
    Last edited by boscoe99; 11-20-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Is it 10 pin and can it be used with the 703-48207-21-00?

Also can the 65w-82590-30-00 be used even if you do not have tilt?

Just wondering for sure which one I need while I still have time to change my order if I need to. And any idea why the "20" is $130 more than the"30"?

I am converting this motor to remote box and steering.

Thanks so much for your help.
      Last edited by MathewsL; 11-20-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MathewsL View Post
        Is it 10 pin and can it be used with the 703-48207-21-00?

Also can the 65w-82590-30-00 be used even if you do not have tilt?

Just wondering for sure which one I need while I still have time to change my order if I need to. And any idea why the "20" is $130 more than the"30"?

I am converting this motor to remote box and steering.

Thanks so much for your help.
        MathewL,

703-48207-21-00 is a 703 remote that I am 95% sure comes with a 10 pin harness already attached to the remote (no connector at remote end, connected internally). Have you ordered this, or do you have it in hand? A 703-48207-30-00 is a remote that comes with 7 pin harness. They do have "Replacement wire harness", both 10 and 7 pin. I sent this for you before:
        [IMG]703.Side by Charles Postis, on Flickr[/IMG]
        Chuck,
        1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

I already have the 703-48207-21-00.

So which harness do I need to replace the existing one on the motor since the motor currently has tiller steering? I know I have to remove the tiller handle and replace the wire harness inside the motor to match the 703 remote harness. If this not correct please advise. Is this what the 688-8258a-20-00 does? Or does that replace the one in the 703 remote?

Yes I appreciate you sending it me both times but I am trying to make sure that I understand. Not your fault.

Comment

A 703 box will normally have a connector at the engine end of it. Either a 7 pin connector for motors not having trim and tilt or tilt and a 10 pin connector for motors that do have tilt and trim and tilt.

Mathew, are you looking to replace the entire engine harness so as to simply be able to plug the connector from your 703 box to the new engine harness or do you mind cutting and splicing your control box harness to the existing engine harness? There are several ways to skin this cat.

Comment

I already have the 703-48207-21-00.

So which harness do I need to replace the existing one on the motor since the motor currently has tiller steering? I know I have to remove the tiller handle and replace the wire harness inside the motor to match the 703 remote harness. If this not correct please advise. Is this what the 688-8258a-20-00 does? Or does that replace the one in the 703 remote?

Yes I appreciate you sending it me both times but I am trying to make sure that I understand. Not your fault.
              No problem OK, now I think I got it
              But, let me review as this is what I think you have and need,
              703-48207-21-00 remote w/10 pin harness attached to the remote. You need to attach the 10 pin harness to your existing engine wiring.

Now, I'll ask our CIA guy Boscoe to confirm what I say next is correct or not.

I think you just need an adapter to plug into the engine end connector of your remote harness to the engine via bullet connectors. I think the engine end of the remote harness is female? This needs to be confirmed.

I think you can use the first of these adapters..
              Adapter by Charles Postis, on Flickr

You may have to extend your engine wiring leads to reach the bullet connector leads on the adapter (hopefully not).

Boscoe, agent 99, what do you think?
              Chuck,

Comment

I do not mind splicing. Are the wiresColor coded to the remote harness. If so that would be great. I just remove the tiller and connect one wire at a time. The remote came with a 16' harness I think. Can I use my new 703 10 pin and just not use some of the wires?

If I am going about this wrong please let me know. This will save me $$$$$.

Thanks

Comment

To cpostis:

You may have seen the post from Boscoe about just slicing into existing wire. That is a thought also.

Since I already have the remote and it comes with such a long harness this may be the route to take and just not use wires designed for the trim and tilt.

What do you think?

Comment

I do not mind splicing. Are the wiresColor coded to the remote harness. If so that would be great. I just remove the tiller and connect one wire at a time. The remote came with a 16' harness I think. Can I use my new 703 10 pin and just not use some of the wires?

If I am going about this wrong please let me know. This will save me $$$$$.

Thanks
                    Not sure about the color coding. It may take a bit of intelligence from our CIA guy. I tried to find your engines wiring diagram in my library of service manuals, could not.
                    Don't see why you cannot use your 10 pin harness.
                    I hope I'm not sending you in left field? Boscoe?
                    Chuck,

Comment

To cpostis:

You may have seen the post from Boscoe about just slicing into existing wire. That is a thought also.

Since I already have the remote and it comes with such a long harness this may be the route to take and just not use wires designed for the trim and tilt.

What do you think?
                      Agree, sometimes I take to much time preparing a reply and someone will post before I see it.

Love a challenge!
                      Chuck,

Comment

Will the 704-82541-10-00 work with my 703 do you think?

Comment

So do they make an adapter like this for the 703 or can you point me in the right direction for the wire splicing?

Sorry -just saw your post. I will take a stab at this. Will try this tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks so much.

Comment

I knew I should have listened better in school but I cannot follow that. Is there another example I can go by?

Or is there an adapter like the one for the 704?

Thanks again so much.

Comment

Ok - after looking at the wiring diagrams of the motor and the 703 I think I am in over my head with splicing.

I guess this is my situation. I have a F25ESHD (2005 model). It has electric start but no tilt / trim. I am converting it to remote control using the 703-48207-21-00 box (10 pin). I have ordered 65w-82590-30-00 (10 pin). Even though I do not have tilt and trim can I do this since this may be more straight forward for my simple mind?

Or do I need to cancel the 65w-82590-30-00 and order the 65w-82590-20-00 and let the chips fall where they may.

Do not shoot me yet.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X