2005 F150 Throttle body replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F150 Throttle body replacement

I have a 2005 Yamaha F150 that needs a new throttle body. The part number is; 63P-13751-00-00, that part is backordered nationwide and practically unavailable. In 2006 and newer, the F150 uses throttle body 63P-13751-01-00. Does anyone know if the throttle body for the 2006 and newer engines will fit my 2005 ? I have my old throttle body yet if I needed to take something like a linkage of something off of it to make it work. TIA

Normally a -01-00 will be a form, fit and function replacement for a -00-00. In this case it seems not. Don't know why. Does not make sense. See below. Have you called Yamaha US to see if they can shed some light on this subject?

Have you actually placed your order for the -00-00 part? Parts are shown as being available in Japan. But if a part is not ordered then one is not going to be sent from Japan to the US.

A part in Japan can be delivered in just a few days if ordered on an expedited basis. Fedex is ready and willing.

Comment

better yet, I have NEVER EVER seen a throttle body fail.
      are you sure you need one and why ?

Comment

I have one on order from Japan, estimate is 10 business days for delivery. What seems odd is that my dealer says that he shows only 1 throttle body available in Japan, and I would be receiving it. That makes me wonder if the newer style can be retrofitted to fit, the dealer has 2 of the newer style in his warehouse.

Yes we need a new throttle body, ours was binding up and during disassembly for cleaning and it got damaged beyond repair. Do you really want to be 40 miles off shore and have your engine / throttle body causing you trouble.

Ebay has used ones for sale of the newer style, they seem to sell just fine.

Could you please provide me with any Yamaha phone numbers, or websites that could give me technical advice on this. TIA
        Last edited by WorldCat; 11-12-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I checked the parts breakdown for both engines. The intake manifold and silencer are identical between the two engines of which the throttle body has to match up to. The only difference between the two throttle bodies appears to be the throttle position sensor, and one end of the throttle linkage that attaches to throttle body. So it would look like if I used my throttle position sensor on the newer throttle body it should work, and changed the one end of the linkage. It would be nice to have a tech back that up before I spent $800.00 plus. TIA

Comment

The only difference I see is the TPS part number. Would be a piece of cake to take your existing TPS and install it into the -01-00 throttle body. Or you can compare the two TPS' and find out that they are also form, fit and function interchangeable.

Can you provide a part number for the linkage you mention that is different.

Comment

The linkage is in two screw together adjustable parts. The end that connects to the binnacle control cable is the same between the two, part # 6H4-41237-00-00.

The linkage half that connects to the throttle body is;
              2005 / part# 682-41238-00-00
              2006 / part# 682-41238-01-00

Thanks !!!

Comment

682-41238-00-00 supercedes to 682-41238-01-00.That is, the -01-00 link is the only part that is available. Order a -00-00 and you will get a -01-00.

Which further reinforces my belief that the only difference between the two throttle bodies is the TPS.

The -01-00 throttle body is in stock and a couple of hundred dollars cheaper than the -00-00. I know what I would do if my motor needed a -00-00 TB.

Comment

Working...
                X