Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• main nozzle stuck or fixed?

2001 30hp mshz 3cyl 2 stroke.
    When doing a carb cleaning I wasn't able to get the main nozzle under the main jet out. I didn't know if it is fixed in there somehow, or maybe varnished or corroded so I left it be instead of maybe damaging it seeing as how that part never really clogs up anyways
    2001 30MSHZ Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts
    Is it just stuck or is there something holding it in place?

It is stuck.

Comment

If you can buy the nozzle by itself, then you can try to remove it if you want to.
      if you mess it up, just by a new one.
      otherwise leave it alone.

I have had luck with inserting something into the bore of carb and prying on it against the other side of the bore on some carbs.

but I have no info or experience on your motor or carb

Comment

was figuring it must have been stuck. I thought about getting a screw driver to try pushing it down through the throat too but like I said I didn't know if It was supposed to be like that or not. I'm just going to leave it then. I'm having no problems past idle.
        Thanks for the quick responses. Just got a faulty check valve to replace on one of the oil feed lines and I'm back to good as new

Comment

if under the main jet I would think it would come out from the jet side after unscrewing the jet not the throat

jet would hold it in place

Comment

That's what I thought too but holding the carb jet side down and tapping the top with my screw driver handle did nothing. Tried lightly pushing with a screw driver through the throat and same results. Tried all this after an hour soak in chemdip.
            Like I was saying though, those never really clog up and I was having 0 problems off idle so I won't bother going any further with that nozzle to avoid making a problem

Edit** just reread your comment, I meant putting the screw driver through the throat to push it down into the bowl area. Just realized my wording was hazy in that post

Comment

There are usually very small holes horizontal (much smaller than the main-seen in the parts fisch too) that do indeed clog up.

Does your nozzel have cut outs for a flat head screw driver?

If not, soak it with say PB Blaster, maybe apply some heat to the aluminum body adjacent (not a lot) to get it out.

I definitely would not leave it as is. Worse case, tap it, drill it, etc and remove it. Then replace with good ones...

It isn't worth possibly cooking a cylinder or chasing around a poor running engine/problem.. The main jet is right underneath it.
              Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 11-10-2016, 08:32 AM.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Ok then, I'll give it another shot when my oil check valve comes in. If not successful I'll find a tapping screw around the same I'd of the nozzle.
                Hopefully you guys won't be hearing from me anytime soon

Comment

Please update when your done..

What I didn't really mention is the main jet feeds fuel into that nozzle. Any closing of the orifices (and they may NOT be) is not good..
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Just to follow up one of your questions, the nozzle is just a regular flat tube on both ends, no slot for a screw driver.
                    Got paid today so I'll add the 2 day delivery to my order and hope it gets here before the weekends over otherwise I'll have to wait till Friday to get back at it.

Comment

Are there walleye in Lakeland FL? My derail for the night.....

Anybody ever find Fairdeal?

Comment

Originally from chicago. Moved to flawiduh 5 years ago and currently addicted to snook and reds. Hoping to find tons of pompano and cobia around the power plant this winter

Comment

I have never met a walleye. Others we have around here but not many snook. How would you compare flavor of walleye to reds and pompano?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                            I have never met a walleye. Others we have around here but not many snook. How would you compare flavor of walleye to reds and pompano?
                            I would wrap my lips around a walleye before a red or a pompano. Or a speckled trout or Cobia. IMO just tastes a bit better. Usually I prefer salt water fish to fresh water fish. But damn the worms found in some Cobia turn me off.

When I was a kid grouper was considered a trash fish. Folks ate large mouth bass then. Now grouper is considered a delicacy and bass, not so much.

Funny how the times they do change.

Comment

Working...
                            X