Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 ignition timing

Hey guys,
    I've got a F115 That's been stalling at an idle and then hard to start afterwards.
    When I connect my YDS the only thing I can see that has changed is the ignition timing. In May it was firing at an idle at 1deg. BTDC. Now at idle it is firing at 3deg ATDC. Is this normal? What would change it? Can it be reset?
    Thanks in advance, Hiemester

Timing specification at idle is 4 degrees ATDC. It cannot be reset. It is computer con*****ed.

Is this a mechanical throttle body F115 or electronic throttle valve F115?

What is the idle speed control valve doing?

Comment

when the timing was checked could have a bearing on what it was reading

Comment

Thanks for the response. Its a mechanical con*****ed throttle. The ISC was at 57%. I have not been able to test the ISC with the YDS due an issue with the software thinking its not in neutral when it is. I am not sure I understand as far as when the timing was checked. The engine at the time was on the trailer idling with a flusher attached. I have been chasing this problem of the engine stalling at an idle for awhile it just recently started becoming hard to start.

Comment

then why not simply fix it?

YDS will NOT troubleshoot it.
          it will assist in keeping you from chasing wabbits.

the reason the ECU says it is in gear is either the idle speed is to high or the TPS value is high or low.

you MUST look at ALL the data and determine why it is there.

Comment

Does being out of the water make a difference? Being out of the water and no back pressure on the exhaust makes it idle slightly higher.

Comment

My four stroke idles fine out of water.

Comment

Looking at the YDS print out, it appears the TPS voltage is a little high (.767). As well as the idle speed which is at 838 out of the water. I'm going to try and reset the TPS lower while in the water and then see if then the YDS will test ISC. That's probably not going to happen until next week. I'll keep you posted, Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                X