Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing a Twin Engine Repower. Help me check my list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing a Twin Engine Repower. Help me check my list.

Hello. Brand new here. I found the site by researching these part numbers.

I'm repowering a 2003 31 Contender, and want to make sure I get everything top of the line and complete the first time around.

Please check my homework, as this is the list:

Twin Engines:

Motor - New - Yamaha - F 300 XCA
    Motor - New - Yamaha - LF 300 XCA

Command Link Plus with all the bells and whistles:
    (Is this the latest and greatest technology?)

Gauge Kit - CLP - Display w/Cover - MAR-CLPDU-KT-30
    Gauge Kit - CLP - Display Installation - MAR-CLPDI-KT-10

Switches

Switch Assy - CLP - Twin, Main Sta - 6X6-W0035-50-00
    (Is this the key, and the two buttons all in one part number?)

Binnacle

Control - CLP - Twin - CL-2MA

Garmin Connectivity:
    (I want to have the very best in fuel management, so I added this. I understand the new Command Link Plus' fuel management software [unline the earlier version] uses the fuel senders, and that's way less accurate in my experience than the engine ECM crunching the math and deducting it from my stated fuel capacity. Am I wrong on this point?)

Command Link Plus N2K Gateway 6Y9-8A2D0-20-00.

Installation stuff
    (See anything that I'm missing?)

Pig Tail Bus - 3 ft - 6Y8-82521-21-00
    Harness - Main Bus - 1' - 6Y8-82553-01-00
    Adapter - CLP - Main Bus Pigtail - 12" - 6Y9-83553-00-00
    Sensor Kit, Water Pressure - 69J-8A4L0-12-00
    Wire, Isolator Lead w/o Fuse - 6CE-81949-00-00
    Harness - Main - CLP - 26' - 6X6-8258A-20-00

Propellers
    These props were recommended by an outstanding source, but an equally credible source indicated I might want to look at the SWS2 SDS - 15 x 21 or SWS2 SDS - 14 7/8 by 21. Anyone know the part numbers for those 4 or have any feedback on them?

Propeller - SWS2 SDS - 15.25 x 19 - Right - 6CE-45970-10-00
    Propeller - SWS2-SDS - 15.25 x 19 - Left - 6CF-45970-10-00

Other installation details should anyone have a comment on them:

Adding all new stainless fuel water separators and shut off stop****s.
    (anyone have part numbers for these?)

Replacing all fuel lines clamps, primer bulbs, etc.

Also adding power steering.

Thanks so much, and I look forward to your input.
    Last edited by Miss Trial; 11-06-2016, 07:56 PM.

It is late and I don't have time to fully address your message at this time. I will make a comment or two now and add the other domani.

Garmin Connectivity:
    (I want to have the very best in fuel management, so I added this. I understand the new Command Link Plus' fuel management software [unline the earlier version] uses the fuel senders, and that's way less accurate in my experience than the engine ECM crunching the math and deducting it from my stated fuel capacity. Am I wrong on this point?)

Not wrong, just not fully complete. The CL+ display has a fuel quantity indication system (a bar scale) that is based on what tank senders are telling the display. The system can be calibrated for better accuracy. If a top of the line sender (CENTROID PRODUCTS - Computerized Tank Display - Electronic Senders - capacitive fuel gauges) is used in conjunction with the multipoint calibration procedure being performed the bar scale will very accurately indicate the level of the gasoline in the tank(s).

In addition to the bar scale the CL+ display (software version 2 and later) the fuel quantity can also be displayed in the form of a numerical value. The value will rise and fall as fuel is added to or withdrawn from the tank(s).

The CL+ display also provides instantaneous fuel burn (gallons per hour for those of us here in the USA) and "fuel used" since last reset. Let's say you have a 200 gallon tank. You top it off. The display is reset. You run for three hours at a rate of 30 gallons per hour and the fuel used value is 90 gallons. By simple deduction you should know that you have 110 gallons remaining. A cross check against the fuel quantity will show that ruffly half he bars are displayed indicating ruffly half of a tank remains.

A Yamaha performance bulletin with twin Offshore F300's installed used 22" pitch propellers. But that was a very light boat. Therefore, I favor the 19" pitch Saltwater Series II with SDS that have been recommended to you.
    Last edited by boscoe99; 11-07-2016, 05:40 PM. Reason: verbiage added in red

Comment

Thanks for your response. I look forward to more feedback.

Comment

View from 10,000 feet.

Comment

More stuff from the Yamaha MRP catalog here

http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2016/MRP/

Last edited by boscoe99; 11-07-2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

If I'm reading those correctly, it looks like the only thing I'm missing is a Y Cop which I don't think I need where I live and boat.

Comment

Read the MRP book. It has info about the YCOP, the Gateway, and other stuff that might be of interest to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Trial View Post
                If I'm reading those correctly, it looks like the only thing I'm missing is a Y Cop which I don't think I need where I live and boat.
                just where in this good old world do you live that there are no thieves?
                seems like all of us good old law abiding people need to move there to keep our stuff safe

Comment

Joystick Control??

Comment

Helm master! Cool stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      Read the MRP book.
                      Do you have a link to that? I don't know what MRP is.

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      just where in this good old world do you live that there are no thieves?
                      South Louisiana

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                      Helm master! Cool stuff!
                      I'm really efficient with twin screw boats, so I don't really have a need for the joystick.

Comment

http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2016/MRP/

Comment

Great info in there. Wouldn't I want these additional items?

Comment

If the Gateway is used, and there is GPS information on the NMEA 2000 network, the NMEA 0183 interface cable should not be necessary. The CL+ display will get GPS data via the NMEA 2000 network.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                              If the Gateway is used, and there is GPS information on the NMEA 2000 network, the NMEA 0183 interface cable should not be necessary. The CL+ display will get GPS data via the NMEA 2000 network.
                              Which cable is that? Do I have that in my list or is it in one of these three photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X