2005 F25ESH Remote control box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F25ESH Remote control box

Can a F25ESH Outboard be fitted with a remote control box? If so which one.

Thanks

I attached a pic showing the model, serial number and manufactured as 10/05. I am sure you are correct but I do not see a "D" at the end of the serial number.

Neverless, can you advise me which specific remote control box will work and what addition parts I will need. Does it come with instruction somewhat walking me through steps to be taken? Does this site offer all parts needed for this conversion?

I am going to attempt this myself.

Thanks so much for your help.
    Attached Files

Comment

2005 was the last year they used the 4th letter to represent the model year and it was a D.

After that they did not designate a year model anymore, they used serial # to keep up with model and year .

your was manufactured in the later part of 2005 for the next year like most other vehicles.
      hard to make,ship, and sell something quick enough for the year to match the model..

You have to decide what you are going to mount the controls to and what all you want the controls to do, before buying parts.

If you want to start, stop, shift, and steer from remote then you will need to replace the motors wiring harness and come up with all of the necessary adapters to rig his motor for all of the controls.
      I have no idea if that still have a kit for this motor or not. maybe someone can find that for you. If it was me I would be checking with my local Yamaha dealer to find that out and find prices.
      them you can look online to see if you can find the parts needed or buy from them.

Also I would look at finding a completely different Remote control model motor with power T&T instead of spending the money to covert yours, the power T&T is so much better, you would never go back to a motor without it.
      but that is just me
      Last edited by 99yam40; 11-06-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I will check local first and go from there.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          2005 was the last year they used the 4th letter to represent the model year and it was a D.

After that they did not designate a year model anymore, they used serial # to keep up with model and year .

your was manufactured in the later part of 2005 for the next year like most other vehicles.
          hard to make,ship, and sell something quick enough for the year to match the model..

You have to decide what you are going to mount the controls to and what all you want the controls to do, before buying parts.

If you want to start, stop, shift, and steer from remote then you will need to replace the motors wiring harness and come up with all of the nessisary adapters to rig his motor for all of the controls.
          I have no idea if that still have a kit for this motor or not. maybe someone can find that for you. If it was me I would be checking with my local yamaha dealer to find that out and find prices.
          them you can look online to see if you can find the parts needed or buy from them.

Also I would look at finding a Remote control model with power T&T instead of spending the money to covert, the power T&T is so much better, you would never go back to a motor without it.
          but that is just me
          99Yam, is this the kit you speak of? if so, it looks like it is good for MathewsL.

65W-48501-00-00 YAMAHA ATTACHMENT ASSY

A lot of choices to make on type of control box you need/want (side, flush, binnacle mount, etc.). I believe most side mounts come with a wiring harness. Flush and binnacle require a separate harness. You'll also need the throttle and shift cables of proper length. Now if wanted, you can get at least a multi-function gauge.

Boscoe, care to step in?
          Chuck,
          1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Parts

How do I know if I need 10 pin or 7 pin remote box? Is the wire harness also dependent on number of pins?

I was given two part numbers by my local Yamaha dealer but cannot find either one on this site. Is there another model that would work? Is there a box without tilt/trim button?

703-48207-21-00 (10-pin)
            703-48230-21-10 (7-pin)

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by MathewsL View Post
              How do I know if I need 10 pin or 7 pin remote box? Is the wire harness also dependent on number of pins?

I was given two part numbers by my local Yamaha dealer but cannot find either one on this site. Is there another model that would work? Is there a box without tilt/trim button?

703-48207-21-00 (10-pin)
              703-48230-21-10 (7-pin)

Thanks again
              Between different Yamaha catalogs and parts sites, part numbers change. Thanks Yamaha!

I would think you need a 10 pin? Looks like you need this, not sure, others may confirm/comment.

703-48207-10-00 YAMAHA REMOTE CONTROL ASSY (703-48205-

You may be able to use a 701 control that does not have T/T switch, but will need a separate ignition, safety cutoff switch? Don't know if a 701 comes with harness or not?
              Chuck,
              1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Sorry to ask but what is "push to open" vs "pull to open"?

Maybe that explains 7-pin or 10-pin?

But I am with you thinking i need a 10-pin but I do not know why.

Thanks

Comment

I assume I will need to remove the tiller handle. It will serve no purpose.

I want remote choke, start, stop, and throttle. Also forward and reverse. Do not want the tilt and trim because of cost but do not mind not having this.

So with this in mind I think I need 703-48207-21-00 (I know this 10 pin but it is push to open). Would also need 688-8258A-20-00 replacement harness. Although I only need 7-pins. Am I reading this correct? Correct me if I am wrong please.

Thanks

Comment

Sorry. But do I need the 7-pin replacement harness? 688-82586-21-00

Comment

To convert my F25ESH to remote I will need:

65w-48511-00-00 - steering hook
                      65w-61350-00-00 - steering guide
                      65w-48501-00-00 - steering attachment assembly
                      65w-82590-30-00 - harness (10-pin)
                      703-48207-17-10 - control box (10-pin)

Is this correct and are there any other parts I will need? What about the steering cables?

Do I need to fabricate a plate that will attach to the side of the boat for the control box to mount on or is there one available?

Thanks again so much for the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X