I Need help with Command Link Triple Binnacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need help with Command Link Triple Binnacle

New member here so I would like to say thank you in advance for taking the time to read this post and any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Anyway in a nutshell I have a 2012 SeaVee with triple 300 and Command Link system including YCOP. On the binnacle there are three blue lights marked "active" and a button on the backside that lets you select which motors the binnacle does or does not control at any given time. These lights are no longer on. The engines still function correctly but when I try and select a motor to "deactivate it" it sometimes works and sometimes does not. Its hit or miss on getting it to cycle thru which motors are active.

According to Yamaha the lights should be on when the engines are running and active.

Please any assistance trouble shooting this would be great as a new binnacle is 3K and I probably will get a marina that will give trouble shooting it the good ole college try then sell me a new one.

find a shop with a master tech employed there if and when you take it to a shop.
    I and most all others probably have no idea how this system works on your boat, but hopefully you will find someone here that does
    could the lights be burned out?
    Check the simple things 1st
    Does the YCOP work to keep the motors from running properly when it should?

Are the lights part of the YCOP?

Comment

YCOP works correctly the lights are led and there are three of them that coupled with the fact that it does not seem to want to cycle thru the motors leads me to believe its something else. Thank you for the suggestion about the master tech I will definitely go that route if I have no luck here.

I'm hoping that someone who is just as lucky as I am has seen this issue and point me in the right direction.

Comment

Rodbolt17 is a yamaha master tech and deals with these multi motor rigs often, so I hope he will see your thread and reply soon

Comment

if everything works and the lamps do not light my guess would be a bad lamp assy or a bad touch pad.
          not the first lamp assy I ever replaced.

Comment

Working...
          X