OX66 Not Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66 Not Starting

Hellow Im new to the forum. I have a ox66 Saltwater Series 200hp FI. The motor set over the winter and was not started for approximatley 10mnths. The motor is turning over but it will not fire. Talked to the dealer and they think is fuel clogged in the injectors. Any ideas and is this something I can do myself?

Thanks for any assistance.

for starters, drain the vapor tank and get some fresh fuel in there. its the large brass screw at the bottom of the tank.that will help much.after draining, pump ball enough to fill filter AND the vapor tank.then run some ringfree or seafoam to clean out your system.

Comment

jaxx,
      If motor is not firing at all, check the ignition kill switch lanyard. Pull it and reset it.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Ken, is there a special way to reset the kill switch lanyard other than removing the lanyard then reattaching it?

Comment

jaxx,
          No, just pull the lanyard till the clip comes loose, and re-attach by pulling out on the switch center and pushing the lanyard clip into the groove.
          Ken K [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yea i completely remove the lanyard clip and key each time. Gonna try to find the vapor tank and drain that..... maybe that will work.

Comment

jaxx,
              Is the motor firing at all?
              If you can get it started, I would do a shock treatment with SeaFoam or RingFree - might clean up the fuel system.
              Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
              Ken K

Comment

Working...
              X