• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine is a F115TLR...

Comment

Originally posted by onoisland View Post
      mine is a F115TLR...
      Good. Use the complete model identity if and when asking questions about that motor in the future. It will help us help you.

Comment

read your owners manual on flushing the motor.

if you are using muffs then the water pump is being lubricated well while running.

if you are using the hose connection, there is a chance the water pump is not getting the lucubration it needs, especially if you run it higher than just idle speed.

I still say limiting to 2K could mean motor goes into RPM reduction/limit due to a problem with overheat or something else.

You need to make sure if alarm system works as it should

Gauges would be a good idea to have so they could tell you stuff.

Monitor fuel pressures while problem is ocurring will tell if there is a fuel problem

Comment

Upon further investigation, my boat has the Yahama analog tachometer. It has "idiot lights" for engine overheat and low oil pressure... Manual says a buzzer will sound as well for either of these fault conditions...

When I had the problem where the engine would not run over 2000 RPM I did not see the idiot light on or hear an alarm... Immediately prior to the problem the engine had been off for about an hour while we had beached the boat for about an hour.. I feel pretty confident the engine was not over heated..

Comment

I agree with no overheat if it sat for that long.

always a good idea to test alarm system to make sure it works from time to time. especialy when having problems.

if the alarm and gauge indicators are working properly and they do not indicate anything wrong when this problem shows up, I would be monitoring fuel pressures to see what is happening with them

Comment

will do... thanks.. I learned a lot

Comment

Working...
              X