No announcement yet.

re F2xx "dry exhaust" corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a general rule on new installs.. the X factor is to set motor anti-ventilation plate very, very little above the bottom of the V on a mono. Then it's time dail in your prop. Then you try More motor height, if you have time to play around . You keep going up till you hit "blow out" and then bring her back down. It's like pwr trim. No firm set of rules.. I've had a lot of fun changing factory settings and props... Never forget.. the factory boys are basically fiberglass guys. Not propulsion spe******t

Comment

Yamaha Australia has come back to me saying that the fuel I use is the problem.
      If this was the case all Newzealand Yamaha F motors should be affected.
      With the”H” at 120mm the motor trimmed fully in, water will reach up to just under the idle exhaust at times.
      I think that when the motor is hot salt water splashing up inside at that area in choppy conditions and leaves salt deposits as the water evaporates, with the added exhaust gases, the corrosion.
      Does this sound feasible?

Comment

All I know is that with my boat being launched from a steep ramp, the water would come over the top of the transom. I tried to get it on and off the trailer as quickly as possible but saltwater had to be going almost up to the base of the block.

Comment

Working...
        X