F150 Squeaking engine bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 Squeaking engine bracket

Hi Guys , found you while searching for answers as to why my outboard squeaks while switched off, in rough water at anchor . All points have been greased but it still squeaks from the engine bracket pipe area . Its a 2006 and have searched the net for bushes ? With no luck, its a F150 AET , cheers .

Can you get the boat out of water ? Try to duplicate the sound. Use a second person. Twist, pull, yank and lift while second person listens to find noise. You can't hurt it. Kinda like trying to find the squeak on your wife's Ford Grenada by jumping up and down on bumper.

Tops of trim rams have grease on them?
    Last edited by pstephens46; 10-23-2016, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Squeaking engine bracket

Thanks pstephens , trim rams greased. When standing on cav plate and wiggling engine forcefully squeak comes from pivot point region. I suspect bushes are flogged out on steering pipe , has anyone else encountered this problem with f150 's , cheers .Scott

Comment

I have an F150, never had a squeak but I grease ALL those fittings after every outing (tilt tube, steering, steering cable, etc)...

Are you getting fresh grease out of the joints when greasing the engine? You may have an area where the grease hardened up and needs additional cleaning and then re-greasing...
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-23-2016, 08:42 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

No. But I do have some rust on bottom of what I think you are referring to as steering bushing. Those grease fittings do require more than a few pumps of grease. I hit it until I see clean grease come out of ends.....

Comment

Working...
          X