No Gauges Working,, 1995 115 2-stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Gauges Working,, 1995 115 2-stroke

1992 115tlrq,, Changed batteries, then all gauges quit. Maybe I accidently touched wrong post, not sure. Checked fuses under cowl, the 30,20 amp fuses good. Any other fuses I need to check? Motor does start, but no working gauges

Thanks
    for any help!!!

There is a fuse in the harness that runs from the key switch to the gauges. Check that fuse.

Comment

I will look for it,, THANK YOU!!!

Comment

OK,, No fuse behind gauges. It is a 2002 boat with a 92 Yamaha 115, so, not sure how that coorelates to wiring. But, the gauge lights come on, just no signal to tach,volt,fuel. Would there be something under the cowl that would cause that? I checked the 20,30 fuses, Am I missing something there?
        Thnaks

Comment

depends on the control box and who rigged it.
          a Yamaha is not a Yamaha not all were identical.

Comment

being the gauges should not be powered until the key is turned on, you need to check for proper voltage to the key switch and then from the key switch to the gauges.
            follow backwards if you find no pos 12 v to where there is 12 +. problem would be between those points

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions,, took it out on the water, gauges working intermittently except for volt meter,, thinking I have a ground issue. WIll go that route. Thanks for the help. Hopefully one day I can have some info to contribute instead of asking all the time..

Comment

if you have 12v+ to gauges, look at the grounds

Comment

Take a socket to ALL the nuts on the back of the gauges(that secure the wiring).

With the bumping about while underway, one of em loosened up.
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                  X