No announcement yet.

Old control box on newer F50ltr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Boscoe99, me again with another related question. I did the swap and got the motor running and the shift/throttle adjusted. I attached the green, black, yellow wires to the teleflex tach. The thing is that it looks like it is going to work while the key is in the start position but as soon as it releases to the on position it stops working. Any suggestions about the cause of that?

Comment

When it stops working are you saying that the entire tachometer goes dead?

If so, inspect the key switch. With the key in the ON or the Start position there should be 12 volts on the yellow wire to the tachometer. Is there?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        When it stops working are you saying that the entire tachometer goes dead?

If so, inspect the key switch. With the key in the ON or the Start position there should be 12 volts on the yellow wire to the tachometer. Is there?
        Yes the tach stops at whatever rpm was registering and the backlight goes out. As for the voltage I'll have to check that tomorrow. To be clear the motor does continue to run.

Comment

sounds like you have voltage when in start position, but not when in the on.

If so switch may be the problem

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            sounds like you have voltage when in start position, but not when in the on.

If so switch may be the problem
            That is what I am guessing.

Comment

FYI I swapped out my "new" old con*****er and everything is working properly. Apparently the igniton switch when in the on position was not providing enough/proper voltage for the tach to work or the motor to accelerate to full potential. It's running great now. Thanks for all the advice and feedback

Comment

Working...
              X