yamaha F100detl - oil temp senzor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha F100detl - oil temp senzor

Hello, it is possible to have oil temp senzor on my engine? i want to know where is (if it is) the place for obtional temp oil senzor ? ( not the original senzor - oil presure - this senzor i know where it is ) my purpose: to put an obtional oil temp sensor(analog not NMEA) on the engine.

Thanks in advance!

no
    your engine was equipped with an oil pressure SWITCH.
    no place I ever heard of to add an oil temp.

but I gotta ask WHY??.

that would be a true teat on a boar hog.

Comment

Thanks rodbolt17, yes, it is a little stupid reason for do this: have the gauge in board (analog one) and i can 't get off because it remain a hole and, if not operate all my frends tell me : hey you have a problem with the oil temp? - this gauge is not working......
      k, so it isn t! no prob!
      Thanks again!

Comment

What about putting a water pressure or water temperature in the hole?

I have heard of folks installing a T where the present oil pressure switch resides in order to get oil pressure at the dash.

I suppose an oil temperature sensor could be added there just as well but IMO it would not make sense.

Comment

yes, boscoe, that i will do, i will transform the gauge into a wather temp!
          please tell me about other subject: how much oil should i put in to the engine to the oil change maintenance( engine) with the oil filter change. but to the gear? please in liter!
          Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by pubertfester View Post

but
            to the gear? please in liter!
            Thanks!!

Maybe they meant not, instead of but

Comment

F100DET
              Engine oil: 4.3l with oil filter: 4.5l
              I always change oil filter every time I change oil
              Lower Unit / Gearbox: 670 cm3

Comment

Originally posted by pubertfester View Post
                yes, boscoe, that i will do, i will transform the gauge into a wather temp!
                please tell me about other subject: how much oil should i put in to the engine to the oil change maintenance( engine) with the oil filter change. but to the gear? please in liter!
                Thanks!!
                Look in your owner's manual. It will indicate how much oil to be added with the oil filter being changed. About 4.7 liters it seems. Start with 4.5 liters. Add just enough oil to get the indication on the dip stick to the mid-point between the lower oil level marking and the upper oil level marking. It is too easy to overfill a four stroke so be careful.

Now before draining the oil tilt the motor up for about five minutes. This will make sure that all of the oil within the power plant can flow back down to the oil pan. Return the motor to the straight up and down position before you drain the oil pan. Maybe consider getting a suction device to get the oil out that way instead of messing with the oil drain plug.

Comment

Mr. Almetelo,

Good to see you back here. How goes it over in your neck of the woods?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    Mr. Almetelo,

Good to see you back here. How goes it over in your neck of the woods?
                    Hi Boscoe!

Thanks!
                    I try to have a look here almost every days or always as I can to see whats new and learn a little more with you guys.
                    All goes fine around here.
                    This season/year have been great for boating to me.

Last week ordered here at boats.net last parts I need for a 95 F50AET/F50TLRT I'm rebuiding.
                    After be ready I'll will test it on my skiff and will consider swap it with the F40 but may be to much as that boat is rated up to 25HP max but is fine with the F40 and I'm VERY VERY VERY happy with F40 fuel consumption.

Than no other outboard projects a sight.
                    Just hope donīt have problems with the remaining motors.

Comment

Working...
                    X