2003 OX66 250 low rpm/ planing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 OX66 250 low rpm/ planing issue

I have a 250 OX66 on my Ranger that I purchased a couple months ago. It runs great on top end up to 6k, but does not want to get on plane. I have tried 3 props and it acted the same with all. When you trim down and give it full throttle it first acts like it wants to go for a second then sort of bogs for 5 second up to 10 seconds then it's just like all of the sudden takes off. It does it from first thing in the morning and all day. I have changed plugs, on board filter, filter on motor, vst filter, poppet valve, thermostats, and water pump all as routine maintenance since I don't know when it was all done last. There has been very little if any change. Took it to mechanic and had them adjust everything to factory specs like the throttle valves, oil pump, and tps. Went fishing this morning and same thing, although it does seem to smoke a bit at idle and by noon it didn't want to idle very well. Any ideas before I take it back to the shop? Maybe the switch that tells it to kick in the other two cylinders or something else? It's really starting to bug me. Thanks
    2003 Ranger 521vx 35th anniversary edition

why o why o why can we NOT get a model number ????

Comment

Sorry, VX250TLRB also forgot to add that I have had the injectors cleaned and flow tested to Yamaha specs
      Last edited by Fanboatman; 10-17-2016, 11:46 AM.
      2003 Ranger 521vx 35th anniversary edition

Comment

Working...
      X