Continue weak warning buzzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continue weak warning buzzer

I apologize in advance for bring up a well worn subject. But I have searched and found may posts which have confused me. I have a 2001 Yamaha F115 with only the basic gauges; tach, speed, voltage, fuel . When I turn the key to the on position I get a constant warning alarm. The alarm seems faint to me and continues when the engine is started. The voltage is reading 14 amps. I have replaced the fuel water separator filter, checked the oil, and pumped the fuel bulb. I assume since the warning comes on the instant the key is turned, it wouldn't be the temperature alarm and the oil pressure should be on a delay. What are the odds that the alarm is defective? Is there any test an novice can run?

voltmeters do not read amps

does the alarm still sound when the motor is running in neutral and in gear? water in fuel usually sounds only in neutral

I would think gauges should indicate over temp or other alarms

Comment

The control box is a 706. The warning continues in and out of gear and at higher revs. The alarm seems to waiver if I continuously squeeze the primer bulb.

Comment

Now we wait.....

Comment

The box is a 703. The boat is a Sea Pro and the alarm that is sounding is behind the ignition switch on the dash.

Comment

Ya got to be thinking about how much of this stuff has been rigged with things that do not belong

Comment

Can you snap and post a picture of the buzzer behind the console?

That might help...

And did you test the Yamaha alarm (with the red coiled line and clip)?
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I believe the con*****er is a 704
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X