Digital tilt/trim gauge blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital tilt/trim gauge blinking

Just purchased my first 4 stroke Yamaha 2003 115 HP, Only problem is the TT gauge on the console has the top bar blinking in any position. Would like a solution.

Without a model # for your engine, part #1 for this parts fisch:
    2003 F115TXRB Yamaha Outboard BRACKET 2 Diagram and Parts

Is known to break and rotate on the shaft (with old age) when the engine is tilted up and down(IE T&T gauge doesn't work).

The actual sender is part #3.

The original part #1 (at least for my F150) was plastic, which cracked and rotated on the shaft). The replacement one is steel.

Check and see if that part rotates (it shouldn't) on the shaft..

If not, please post your full model #..
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-15-2016, 09:19 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

The little lever arm gets sticky and will not move. I hosed mine down with lithium spray and worked it loose. Can't remember if the display blinked or not.

Comment

Not sure about the 115, (the set up, per the parts fisch look very similar to mine).

But the piece that clamped(and wasn't designed to move) was plastic and cracked. This part, when the engine was moved, that clamp rotated and shouldn't have.

The replacement one is made of metal and isn't going anywhere..

As you posted, I don't remember if mine just blinked, or the gauge stayed all the way up or down...
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

My stopper piece is still the plastic original, not the newer metal replacement. I think when the send arm would gunk up and jam it put extra pressure on the stopper. Whatever the case, I bet the op just needs to lube and loosen the arm on the sender. End of the day, who really needs a trim indicator? Kind of a feel thing with speed, etc. Personally I like everything to work. Even my silly fresh water pump. Pretty much worthless except to rinse sunglasses....

Comment

Not sure that a stuck arm would cause the bar to flash, just not change .
            open/bad connection maybe

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyKayak View Post
              Just purchased my first 4 stroke Yamaha 2003 115 HP, Only problem is the TT gauge on the console has the top bar blinking in any position. Would like a solution.
              Salty,
              With the trim sensor connected I had one bottom bar solid and the rest blank.
              I just disconnected my trim sensor (same as yours) at the plug from the sensor to the harness. All bars were solid with the exception of the top bar which was blinking. If this is what is what is happening to yours I suspect you have an "open circuit" in either your sensor itself or the harness to your gauge. Here are the specifications for resistance on the sensor:

If your sensor checks out, you should move on to check the harness between the sensor and gauge.
              Chuck,
              1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
              X