• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Kit

'98 S115TLRW

Time for a carb kit replacement guys. The kit on boats.net is:
    1998 S115TLRW Yamaha Outboard REPAIR KIT 1 Diagram and Parts

They didn't have an itemized list of the parts included in the kit, so I found the same kit on eBay with parts listed. Pictured below. Does the kit on boats.net include the same parts with its "carb kit" as the itemized list seen in the picture?

Also, about 6 months ago I pulled the carbs to clean the jets. I took a look at the floats in each carb and they looked to be in decent shape...at least no visible defects. Carb kits do not include floats, but was wondering if it's a good idea to replace all 4 while i'm in there. Not sure if replacing floats is a preventative maintenance step or replace only when defective.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jason2tpa; 11-15-2016, 02:45 PM.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Re the float. Most if not all Yamaha ones are plastic and generally hold up well.

I've seen one plastic one fail (in a larger generator, leak, hold fuel and not close).

Un-less its very yellow (effects of our great fuel) or is definitely leaking they should be ok.

It's pretty rare they fail.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks Boscoe...looks like the parts lists match up.

Townsend....the floats currently installed are black so tough to see any yellow. They were a bit faded, but otherwise looked ok. I'll take your advice and just keep the floats installed.

Appreciate the input guys.
      Jason

Comment

You can check the floats to make sure there's NO fuel inside them(if hollow) shaking them and listening.

OR hold them under water/fuel and see if you get any air bubbles (leaks!)

Their probably fine if you didn't have any issues with flooding before...
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
          You can check the floats to make sure there's NO fuel inside them(if hollow) shaking them and listening.

OR hold them under water/fuel and see if you get any air bubbles (leaks!)

Their probably fine if you didn't have any issues with flooding before...
          Great idea, thks bud.
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          X