motor runs for few hours ten will not restart for several days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor runs for few hours ten will not restart for several days

I have 2004 200 hp hpdi..300 hours..runs perfectly for hours but when I shut the motor off and try to restart it will not start..worse is that it doesn't happen every outing 2/5 trips is the frequency..it turns over but will not fire...always starts on first try but when this happens it absolutely will not start..store it for a few days and it starts perfectly. injectors recently replaced..been to the shop twice and the problem would not duplicate

Originally posted by garydorman12 View Post
    I have 2004 200 hp hpdi..300 hours..runs perfectly for hours but when I shut the motor off and try to restart it will not start..worse is that it doesn't happen every outing 2/5 trips is the frequency..it turns over but will not fire...always starts on first try but when this happens it absolutely will not start..store it for a few days and it starts perfectly. injectors recently replaced..been to the shop twice and the problem would not duplicate

Comment

why were the injectors replaced?

Comment

when it will not start you will have to check to see if spark and fuel pressures are there.
        Could be too much fuel(overly rich) also.

Have you tried to open the throttle some to give it more air when it will not fire up?
        Last edited by 99yam40; 10-16-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          when it will not start you will have to check to see if spark and fuel pressures are there.
          Could be too much fuel(overly rich) also.

Have you tried to open the rootless some to give it more air when it will not fire up?
          No idea what you are trying to say there "rootless"

Comment

Hang on..."throttle"??

Comment

I would try to see if you either have to much fuel or none. When the motor does its thing open the drain from the vst and see if you have fuel.

Comment

Curious if that engine has a fuel cooler that may be clogged up.

I'd at the very least, when it happens, pull the cowl off and get the engine cooled down and see if that helps..
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
                  Hang on..."throttle"??
                  Yes, throttle
                  I have no idea how that word rootless got put in there.
                  I swear I typed throttle.
                  computers are strange some times

Comment

The Russians hacked in and did it!!

Yea that's the ticket!!!
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                    X