Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 V150TLRD Water Impeller Stuck on Shaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 V150TLRD Water Impeller Stuck on Shaft?

Ok So first of all im new here and this might be a really dumb question, but i cant get my impeller off my Shaft of my motor. I dont know if its just this specific model but it has a metal ring that i have tried to loosen above the impeller to slide it up . Ive tried to bump the impeller up with a screwdriver and pull it up with a pliers. Ive tried everything. I am not a boat mechanic but i can do just about anything if i see it done but i cant find a video on it and yea im stumped. I am worried that i have the wrong sierra kit now to because it just has the impeller and the housing etc but no metal ring above it that it seems this impeller is installed on or being held on with it. If anyone has any information for a noob i would really appreciate it!! I have it apart in my garage and would really love to fix it! oh and i did all this because i have the infamous chirping so i figured if i was gonna spray the shaft with silicone that i ought to change out the water pump to because i havent since ive had the motor for a few years now since its always had good pressure!! Thanks for any future help on this subject!!

Look at the parts fisch below for your engine:

2005 V150TLRD Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 1 Diagram and Parts

Specifically parts 9-11.

There's spacers, rings, etc that helps secure the impeller to the shaft that needs to be removed. Pry up gently the very outer retainer and then keep going keeping track of the order. Once the new impeller is installed, re-install all those parts (9-11). They "lock"(probably not the correct word) everything together...

With another set of hands, pull up on the main, vertical shaft and push those parts down so their taught. If not you may get some slow rpm knocking (not critical).

If you have a mid section bushing, you need the CORRECT waterproof grease or you WILL get a chirping of squealing from that bushing and a "do over".

PM sent
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 10-09-2016, 06:45 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

As Scott has stated, you need to remove the stainless collar "by itself"

trying to push up with the impeller just jams it on tighter

I have been able to gently pry it up with a tiny prybar - and re-use it

Rodbolt, the pro here, says he just whacks it off with a chisel & gets it over with

oddly no one seems to include it (nor the plastic collar) in their "water pump repair kits"

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks guys i got it off there. Idk why it was so difficult to find some info on that. Seems like in videos they always skipped that part lol

Comment

Don't skimp on the CORRECT GREASE for the mid section bushing (if equipped).

It WILL chirp eventually (IME within a month)...
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X