Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all new member and Yamaha owner

HI all Just became a new (used) Yamaha owner a 12/2011 150 4 stroke
    174 hrs. I just was on a search for more info on any problems with the Yamaha 150 4 strokes and ran across a forum with issues with the f150
    that was concerning balancer problems in older models of 150 like 2004 -2008
    most part but no news on latter models like mine and was wondering if anyone
    here has heard of this issue with latter models? Thanks in advance for any info on this and take care.
    Last edited by lafl1dav; 10-06-2016, 09:49 PM. Reason: miss spelling

all can fail.
    they will give many hours of notice.
    listen carefully.

Comment

Rodbolt, is Yamaha still replacing them (as mine was within warranty) under good faith?
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

depends on who you get at the call center and what kind of day they are having.

Comment

Thanks.............
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Call with a shitty attitude demanding a new balancer for an out of warranty motor and see how far one gets.

Yamaha has guidelines concerning how far out of warranty a particular motor can be provided with goodwill but it can all be overridden if the caller is being an arsehole. And it won't be in the customers favor.

Oh, treat the dealer like sh1t first and then make the call. If the dealer recommends no goodwill for a shitty customer then that won't play out well in favor of the customer either.

Comment

Working...
            X