2001 2 Stroke 150 HP hpdi Outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 2 Stroke 150 HP hpdi Outboard

Recently purchased my first boat that has a 2001 2 stroke 150hp HPDI outboard with only 205 hours (hardly broken in). I have had the following service completed: new spark plugs, Yamaha fuel filter element, water pump kit, thermostat, fuel water separator, Yamaha zinc, high pressure fuel injection pump, fuel pump chamber gasket, fuel pump gasket, fuel pump (low pressure). For some reason my RPMs struggle. Injectors pulled cleaned and passed flow test. At Full throttle it did not exceed 1700 rpm. Any thoughts to what I am missing? Could it be a diagnostics issue with the ECU?

what was the high pressure reading at the problem RPM?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      what was the high pressure reading at the problem RPM?
      Since my last post, I have had every fuel filter associated with engine replaced. The fuel tank has been emptied and cleaned along with a new sending unit. It now idle's where it needs to with a PSI of 750. RPM increased up to 2500 after the shock treatment. When the RPM's reach 2500 the PSI drops and the computer goes into the RED. Service Center called Yamaha and was determined to send out the high pressure pump and fuel injectors. So far the injectors have been cleaned again and passed flow test. The high pressure pump has been inspected and being cleaned out. They did not recommend a new high pressure pump. Fingers crossed this is it.
      Last edited by 2stroker79; 10-18-2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Hope you got the demon. Non-ethanol from now on....

Comment

Yes sir! The boat had sat for over 3 years. The pictures of old filters was a yellowish orange sludge. My dealer has done a fantastic job. Now just need hope the high pressure pump and getting the fuel injectors cleaned again is it so I can get to fishing!

Comment

there are screens in the HP pump also,
            hope they serviced it and changed the screens

Comment

Originally posted by 2stroker79 View Post
              Yes sir! The boat had sat for over 3 years. The pictures of old filters was a yellowish orange sludge. My dealer has done a fantastic job. Now just need hope the high pressure pump and getting the fuel injectors cleaned again is it so I can get to fishing!
              3 years sitting with any type of fuel is going to be a bad deal! Unfortunately most people do not store boats (or cars) properly. Draining, fogging etc

Comment

Yes, the screens were included. Moving forward this boat will be taken great care and enjoyed tremendously and not sitting. Ready to get to fishing!

Comment

Please post back on results

Comment

Success! The high pressure pump was the demon. RPM's backup to 5500 RPM's & PSI is great!

Comment

Congrats! Have fun. More you run it, the better it will run!

Comment

Working...
                      X