Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 C85tlrs

Hi,

Long story short I broke the end of my tiller handle off...

I can't find a replacement anywhere. I purchased a smaller tiller of a 50 horse, but the cable comes out the bottom of the handle instead of the top, so the cable moves in the wrong direction. Does any one know a good yamaha parts bone yard to call and try and find a tiller for a 1994 C85tlrs? Or do you think its possible to flip over the cable out of the 50 tiller to make the cable run the correct direction?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Exactly what part of the handle is broken?

Which item number(s) in this illustration?

1995 E75MLHT Yamaha Outboard STEERING Diagram and Parts

Comment

Even my yamaha dealers couldnt find that diagram!

#2, 11, 20, 12 are broken. I tried to order the parts, it accepted my credit card info, now I am just waiting for them to say they are unavailable...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by akjetline View Post
        Even my yamaha dealers couldnt find that diagram!

#2, 11, 20, 12 are broken. I tried to order the parts, it accepted my credit card info, now I am just waiting for them to say they are unavailable...

Thanks!
        Don't be so negative. All of the parts are available.

Part number 692-42111-11-4D has been replaced by 692-42111-12-8D

You can still buy the complete handle if you are so inclined and have the bucks.

Comment

Thanks a bunch! I will scrounge the bucks, because a new yammi is out of the question!

Thank you!

Comment

that link is to a 1995 model C75
            when you click on the #1 part, it does not show that tiller is listed for a 1994 C75 or C85.
            At least it does not show it shows up on their parts list

Hope it will work

Comment

It sure looks to be correct. I think I have enough usable parts, if the main body and cable are correct, I can make it work. I don't know why the dealers up here can't find that info!

Thanks!

Comment

I did not see many E75MLH models listed, if they were looking under you model they would not see anything I guess

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  that link is to a 1995 model C75
                  when you click on the #1 part, it does not show that tiller is listed for a 1994 C75 or C85.
                  At least it does not show it shows up on their parts list

Hope it will work
                  A C75TLR(X) or C85TLR(X) by definition did not come with a tiller handle. The R in the model identity indicates that the motor was intended to be used with a Remote control.

You are not going to find a C85TLHS model since one was not offered here in the USA. Maybe not anywhere in the world.

I am guessing that someone adapted the C85TLRS model motor to have a tiller handle. Since the 75 and 85 HP two strokes share a great deal of commonality I am assuming (yes, I know) that the parts from an E75 tiller handle model are going to fit the OP's motor.

There is nothing like guessing with someone else's money. I hope it will work also. What else can be done?

This place has been very very quiet lately? Wonder why?

Comment

It was modified to have a tiller handle when we bought it new, but that was so many years ago, I don't remember the specifics. It appeared to be all Yamaha parts and didn't realize that it would be such a treasure hunt to replace years later

Awesome board here, and I look forward to learning more from you guys!
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      This place has been very very quiet lately? Wonder why?
                      Summer is over
                      hunting season is on us
                      east coast is prepping for the storm
                      people are finding the info they need in the older posts
                      these are some of the reasons I am sure

Comment

Working...
                      X