Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 Vmax no overheat buzzer at start up

Hello..
    Key to on position..Low oil warning light goes on OK but no overheat light..
    Tested overheat buzzer by shorting sensors on either / both banks - buzzes everytime.
    Checked Pink wire... good from buzzer to CDI unit
    Checked yellow wire... power with key on..
    Even went and checked oil warning... lift up level sensor on the engine oil tank..buzzer and light OK.
    Could it be that the CDI unit is not closing the connection for the pink wire?
    Would the threaded thermositch come into play here at all?
    Help!
    Thanks / David
    (Winspt)

Not sure what the problem is here. But the single engine ignition systems don't give you a buzzer test when you turn the key ON. The dual engine setups do but not the single engine setups.

Mike....... Miami, FL

Comment

do you mean you never get the gauge to notify of overheat? it is the gray wire, look back at "multifunction tach issue" post.

Comment

Thanks guys..
        I can get the lights and buzzer to come on if I jump the sensors..
        But..since this boat is new to me.. perhaps Hamfisted has it correct... no buzzer check..
        BUT..does that mean NO overheat light check at start-up either?
        The Low Oil light has a check cycle (on for 10 seconds - then off) but does the overheat light do the same?
        /Winspt

Comment

I think that you are right on the "no buzzer check on single engine set up" statement. I have a 138HP Yama from '90 and I was never able to get a test buzz. All components are orig Yama. Overheat and low oil alarms do sound when needed though. I've tested them both inadvertantly;]

Comment

Working...
          X