F225 powerhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 powerhead

My 2002 LF225 XTRA just got a corrosion hole in the thermostat area . Hole is a bit smaller than a dime in size. I've read plenty of info on this problem and how other folks have solve it (soldering, epoxing, etc). I've been looking to get a new or remanufactured Yamaha powerhead for the fix (other than the dealer) but have been unsuccessful in my quest.

Does anyone know a place where I can buy this powerhead at a good price? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Caribbean Dinghy Dog; 09-30-2016, 02:46 PM.

You might try Jasper Engines for a rebuilt motor.

You can get the bare block or a short block from Yamaha.

Prices being good or not are in the eye of the beholder.

2006 and Later F225TXR Yamaha Outboard CYLINDER CRANKCASE 1 Diagram and Parts

Comment

Can a TIG welder get in there and repair it? Post a pic maybe?

On an old Merc given to me, it had a corrosion hole from the combustion chamber to the coolant area, about as big as yours.

I cleaned up then cut /trimmed a small piece of aluminum and had a guy TIG weld it in. Ran great. Bought a hull, stuck it on there and sold it.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I had a corrosion hole welded up on my C40.
        The welder used a high frequency machine on it.
        He did have problems with bubbles coming up due to impurities coming out of the metal.
        had to keep grinding it down and trying again.
        he finally got it done.

I did use some marine JB weld on the inside afterwards to build up and shape the stat seat.

It has worked well for a couple of years so far

Comment

Working...
        X