No announcement yet.

Can't get spark plugs out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get much thinner walls than this type. My Yamaha generator came with one in the box.

Emgo Spark Plug Socket Wrench 18mm 18 mm Honda Yamaha Kawasaki Suzuki KTM | eBay

Comment

as was said already, turn or grind down the area of socket that needs it

I have taken 3/8 to 1/4 adapter , chucked into a drill motor (cut a 1/4" extension if necessary), went to work on a bench grinder.

Metal lathe works a lot better

Comment

Thank you for the trouble of looking up and posting the spark plug tool. I'm going to order it. Another question for you based on the video link you posted. As I look at my T50TLR, there are 4 items that look like they may be some sort of access port to each cylinder. They are just to the right of each plug as you're looking at the plugs. In the video, you can see a couple of them, just next to the plug boots. It looks like a clip held down by a nut that may be covering something. I'm hesitant to remove them not knowing what they are. I tried to attach a screen shot I took from the video, but I guess I don't know to do that.
        Thanks again

Comment

I had the same trouble on my F15. My Dad had a thin walled 11/16" that fit. I ordered one similar to the pictured one and it didn't work for me. I would look in the flea markets and tool bins at the pawn shops for a 18 mm or 11/16"

Comment

Originally posted by grinner2 View Post
            I had the same trouble on my F15. My Dad had a thin walled 11/16" that fit. I ordered one similar to the pictured one and it didn't work for me. I would look in the flea markets and tool bins at the pawn shops for a 18 mm or 11/16"
            Yeah, I sent the OP a PM telling him to be wary. If it doesn't work, Summit will accept return with full refund including shipment.
            Last edited by cpostis; 09-28-2016, 12:44 PM.
            Chuck,
            1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Two day shipping from Amazon.com

Comment

Originally posted by kodak guy View Post
                Thank you for the trouble of looking up and posting the spark plug tool. I'm going to order it. Another question for you based on the video link you posted. As I look at my T50TLR, there are 4 items that look like they may be some sort of access port to each cylinder. They are just to the right of each plug as you're looking at the plugs. In the video, you can see a couple of them, just next to the plug boots. It looks like a clip held down by a nut that may be covering something. I'm hesitant to remove them not knowing what they are. I tried to attach a screen shot I took from the video, but I guess I don't know to do that.
                Thanks again
                Pretty sure they are anode plugs, behind them are sacrificial anodes that you may want to check. They go to the cooling passages in the head, not the cylinder.

In this screen shot the plugs are #6 on the diagram.

Here is a link to the Yamaha site for parts. Much more clear and precise than boats.net.
                http://yamahamc.partsandwarranty.com/SyndicateNav.cfm

I use "Snipping Tool" to capture screenshots. Here's a link on how to use it.
                https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...re-screenshots

Then you have to save and put on a site such as Photobucket. Here's a link for that.
                Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing
                You can add photos and videos to your "bucket" and then copy the link for the image/video and click on "Insert Image" in the forum. Took me a while playing with it, but now I am comfortable.
                Chuck,

Comment

About the link...

http://yamahamc.partsandwarranty.com/SyndicateNav.cfm

Well I just tried to get to that link, and said "Forbidden", Boscoe said sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Several time it has not worked for me.

So had to go to this link first:
                  Yamaha Outboards
                  Ten click on "Care and Maintenance", then "Parts Lookup". That puts me at the same place as the first link.

I'll be damned, just tried it again and now the first link works!
                  Chuck,

Comment

And now the first link is not working for me.

Comment

Take a snapshot to copy words or images from all or part of your PC ... Windows 10 has another screenshot app you might also like to try. Read more https://jealouscomputers.com/how-to-...ot-on-windows/

Comment

thanks dear you will resolved my issue

Comment

this was the amusing post looking batter now if you want to screenshot https://jealouscomputers.com/how-to-...ot-on-windows/

Comment

Working...
                          X