Part # Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part # Needed

Hi guys , I am wanting to replace the 4 motor anodes on an F225 part # 67F-11325-01 however they also require a new grommet with ea. anode and I cannot locate it, anyone know the part # ? Why yamaha doesn't have them "with" the grommet already on is beyond me.
    Thank you
    Ken

Originally posted by Gettingrouper View Post
    Hi guys , I am wanting to replace the 4 motor anodes on an F225 part # 67F-11325-01 however they also require a new grommet with ea. anode and I cannot locate it, anyone know the part # ? Why yamaha doesn't have them "with" the grommet already on is beyond me.
    Thank you
    Ken
    You want the anode and the grommet to be packaged together. The next customer will want the anode, the grommet and a new bolt or anode cover to be packaged together. Where does it end?

If Yamaha packaged them together then someone would bitch about having to buy a part that they don't want to buy in order to buy the part they do want to buy. A manufacturer can't win. They can't be all things for all customers for all times.

Item 17 in the illustration linked below. Right next to the anode. 67F-11328-00-00.

2006 and Later F225TXR Yamaha Outboard CYLINDER CRANKCASE 2 Diagram and Parts

Comment

You need to be able to purchase grommet separately. Often times it gets wrecked when removing the anode to inspect. I replaced my exhaust and head anodes at 8 years. They actually didn't need it but I had already paid for parts. They will likely never need it done again....Suzuki another matter entirely..

Comment

Thank you both for the replies. and link.
        Ken

Comment

Working...
        X