1992 115tlrq Temp Sensor Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpostis View Post

Whatever the 1st link is in your post Boscoe, I could not get to it.
    It is the Yamaha US website. Don't know why it links some times and does not link other times. Better images and information there IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      It is the Yamaha US website. Don't know why it links some times and does not link other times. Better images and information there IMO.
      OK, I did some back door manipulation and got to the page.

I guess this is for authorized registered dealers only? Wanna give me a username/password?
      Chuck,
      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

I don't have a user name or password. You are at the dealer website. I go to the consumer website at Yamaha Outboards

Hover over the "care and maintenance section". Then click on the "parts lookup" button. Then follow the steps on the left hand side to get to a specific model and year motor. From there go to the applicable page of the parts book.

Comment

I recently added temperature senders for some new gauges to my 1993 115HP v4 115BET. I’ll say to get the plugs out, it was a slow job. Make sure you take it very easy, and manipulate the plug back and forth, i.e. rock it gently. Eventually it will unscrew out. My engine was used in freshwater for most of if its life, so that could have made a difference. The plugs appear to be stainless steel and were in good condition when I removed them. The thread size for mine was a M14 (1.5 fine thread) metric. My senders are 1/4 NPT so I needed an adapter to make it work. I also sealed the threads with Loctite 569 to prevent leaks and any corrosion.

Ensure you leave the OEM gasket found under the plug. I ended up installing a new one as they are cheap.

Here is a pic of the finished result. I have one for each bank. The sender location is just behind the thermostats so the gauges will show block water temperature.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by AK115V4-93; 09-27-2016, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I ended up ordering the sender and the meter that was shown in an earlier reply.. Will install this weekend. Is there a multi gauge available that shows temp as well as trim and rpm's? I see one that is on the parts breakdown as option #1, however it shows a RPM,trim,oil..
            Thanks

Comment

Looking at my motor, i ran across these
              688-82560-10-00 YAMAHA THERMO SWITCH ASSY
              described as a thermo switch? what are these used for? Also, reading other post, i read frequent references to a beep that is emitted upon overheat, is that with the use of a certain gauge on the console? Again my motor is the 115tlrq 2-stroke 1992 model. It is in a 2001 Sea chaser with analog tach,volt,fuel gauge..
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stuckonshore View Post
                Looking at my motor, i ran across these
                688-82560-10-00 YAMAHA THERMO SWITCH ASSY
                described as a thermo switch? what are these used for? Also, reading other post, i read frequent references to a beep that is emitted upon overheat, is that with the use of a certain gauge on the console? Again my motor is the 115tlrq 2-stroke 1992 model. It is in a 2001 Sea chaser with analog tach,volt,fuel gauge..
                Thanks
                The thermoswitch is part of the over temperature warning and protection system. If a cylinder head gets too hot the switch will close. The warning buzzer should sound, a light or icon on a Yamaha tachometer should illuminate/flash and the motor should go into RPM reduction mode. All of which are telling you to turn the motor off immediately.

The warning horn is usually part of the key switch assembly. Without a certain type of Yamaha tachometer the horn may sound but you won't be able to tell if it is due to over temperature or low oil quantity.

Your motor has two thermoswitches. Item 26 in this illustration.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...202/parts.html

Comment

Ok,, I understand. Thanks for the info,,

Comment

Working...
                  X