Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New oil injection Pump

Hi Folks

I have just put an oil pump conversion kit on my Excel 225. I'm running it on pre mix atm and have bled the air out of the pump a few times. But yet no oil is in the lines yet.

How long should it take for oil to come up?

I thought there may be an issue with the pump so tried another one that I have an still the same issue.

Any help would be great ly appreciated.
    Cheers

after bleeding it.
    unclip the link arm and allow it to go to wide open oiling.

Comment

Did you replace the long worm gear too as part of that kit? Basically around 1990/1991 Yamaha reversed the direction that the oil pump in a 2.6L spins to deliver oil. In other words new pump with old gear won't work. I have done this conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        after bleeding it.
        unclip the link arm and allow it to go to wide open oiling.
        I've done that. I'm actually still waiting on the right link rod to arrive.

I have just started to see some oil in 1 line but at idle it hardly moves. I keep cracking the bleed screw and a little more air comes out.

Any idea how long this process will take?

Comment

Originally posted by dubber View Post
          Did you replace the long worm gear too as part of that kit? Basically around 1990/1991 Yamaha reversed the direction that the oil pump in a 2.6L spins to deliver oil. In other words new pump with old gear won't work. I have done this conversion.
          I made the kit up but I do have the correct worm drive and the new housing that the new style pumps bolt to. All those parts are correct. I even took the pump off this afternoon to verify that the shaft is actually spinning and it is.

Comment

Are you sure that you have the correct oil pump though? I tried to scab it together myself and in the end a brand new oil pump wouldn't cut it as I needed the actual oil pump from the true conversion kit to spin the right way. I still have a brand new newer style 2.6 L oil pump that works on post 1991 motors that I would love to unload as they are not cheap

I broke down and bought the kit. It is nice because it comes with new everything including oil lines and check valves.

Comment

Originally posted by dubber View Post
              Are you sure that you have the correct oil pump though? I tried to scab it together myself and in the end a brand new oil pump wouldn't cut it as I needed the actual oil pump from the true conversion kit to spin the right way. I still have a brand new newer style 2.6 L oil pump that works on post 1991 motors that I would love to unload as they are not cheap

I broke down and bought the kit. It is nice because it comes with new everything including oil lines and check valves.
              That's funny I came to this realization today my self. 6r5-13200-10-00 1990 on wards rotation 6R5-13200-09-00 84 - 89 rotation.

I have a new 6r3-13200-09-00 pump that i took the drive and cam out of and put that in a 6r5-13200-10 body with the 6r5 piston. Lets see how that goes.

Comment

Finally a result. The 6r3-13200-09-00 drive and cam works beautifully in the 6R5-13200-10 pump body.

All test are positive and oil volume is perfect.

Comment

Awesome! I bet the cam you pulled out pumps "backwards" from the one you were trying .

Comment

Working...
                  X