Tach hookup 2013 f30 leha tiller handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach hookup 2013 f30 leha tiller handle

Hello everyone i bought a 2007 carolina skiff j16 with a 2012 mercury 25 four stroke about 1 month ago. My grandsons took it to Port St. Joe and some one stole the motor so i've replaced it with a 2014 yamaha f30 tiller model. Does anyone know the color code for the tach hookup. I have a new tach made by Sierra the thieves were nice enough to leave behind. I'll include pics i hope a harness is available or should i wire direct? Thanks bayouboy
    Attached Files

A harness is available from Yamaha. But the end of it will have to be adapted to mate with the non-Yamaha tachometer. So as to not ruin the end of the harness you can get single bullet wire connectors from Yamaha also. Plug the bullet wire connectors into the end of the harness and then cut the end of the bullet wire connectors in order to install the ring terminals that will attach to the tachometer.

See page 4-11 for the single lead bullet connectors. 6Y5-82117-00-00 is one of the three.

http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2016/MRP/

See diagram below. A plate on the bottom of the tiller handle is removed in order to plug and play the harness.

Comment

Tach install

I appreciate the help and I will have #1 grandson help me hookup the tach today. I happen to have quality bullet connectors which happen to be manufactured here in Pensacola. Crimp-a-seal connectors
      So, if i have this right the harness is inside the tiller arm under the bottom cover plate. thanks, Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        I appreciate the help and I will have #1 grandson help me hookup the tach today. I happen to have quality bullet connectors which happen to be manufactured here in Pensacola. Crimp-a-seal connectors
        So, if i have this right the harness is inside the tiller arm under the bottom cover plate. thanks, Ken
        Yes, there is a harness under the cover plate but not the harness that runs from the tiller handle to the gauge. That is an optional harness. The 6Y5-83553-M0-00 harness that is. Other optional harnesses can be added to the motor for other functions.

Comment

Working...
        X