Prop Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Question

Installing new bushing in 13 3/4 x 17 M2 prop. Should I install new thrust spacer also? Engine is 2002 175DFI. Some prop slow speed wobble and slippage at WOT caused me to check the bushing insert since prop looks great!

"New bushing" as in propeller hub? Not sure what bushing (the hub maybe?) your referring to..

Are you talking part 17 or 18? :

2002 Z175TXRA Yamaha Outboard LOWER CASING DRIVE 2 Diagram and Parts

In any case, neither should not need replacing.

It does sound like the prop needs to be re-hubbed

(I gather there's NO sideways prop shaft play)
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-20-2016, 08:05 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by 2002Yam175 View Post
      Installing new bushing in 13 3/4 x 17 M2 prop. Should I install new thrust spacer also? Engine is 2002 175DFI. Some prop slow speed wobble and slippage at WOT caused me to check the bushing insert since prop looks great!
      I assume your talking about having a qualified prop shop remove and replace your failed bushing (we call it a hub) in a OEM Yamaha propeller with a pressed in hub?

If this is correct, and you are talking about the "# 17 SPACER (Z) 6E5-45987-01-00 (We call it thrust washer)", as long as your existing thrust washer (spacer) is good you'll be ok.

The thrust washer should fit snuggly over your tapered part of your prop shaft without any wobble or out of round. If questionable at all, replace it.

Now, if you are talking about a replaceable hub (like in the video link below), You'll have to replace the hardware that the manufacturer says is needed in the instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNC4y0s2gwk
      Chuck,
      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

Working...
      X