command link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• command link

Are all older Yamaha's Command Link capable? I referring to 4 strokes manufactured in '04. Can you tell from the serial number or is there another way to identify?

Yamaha began - what's the right word - "claiming" ? "assuring"?
    Command Link around 2006 - after the 2005 "model" -
    which was also the same period where they stopped using model year designations.

However, although not advertised, the evidence is clear that they began incorporating the Command Link wiring harness - and some capability in the ECU - for some time before that.

You can certainly tell from the PID what ECU number an engine received.

Or you can remove the cowling and intake silencer and have a look.

Comment

I just posted on another thread the F225 ECU change history:

-00 2002 TXRA
      -02 2003 TXRB
      -10 2004 TXRC
      -30 2005 TXRD
      -31 beginning 04/2005
      -32 beginning 04/2006

I can speak from hands-on experience:

the -30 ECU has "some" N2K output - but apparently not fully compliant with "standard" which results in "flaky" communication with Garmin MFDs.

It can be replaced with a -31 ECU which - so far as I can tell - performs perfectly for N2K output.
      Last edited by fairdeal; 09-19-2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks - appreciate the detail.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
          I just posted on another thread the F225 ECU change history:

-00 2002 TXRA
          -02 2003 TXRB
          -10 2004 TXRC
          -30 2005 TXRD
          -31 beginning 04/2005
          -32 beginning 04/2006

I can speak from hands-on experience:

the -30 ECU has "some" N2K output - but apparently not fully compliant with "standard" which results in "flaky" communication with Garmin MFDs.

It can be replaced with a -31 ECU which - so far as I can tell - performs perfectly for N2K output.

Interestingly, my impression is that Yamaha themselves did not "claim" Command Link capability until the subsequent ECU change to -32
          From where did you get this impression?

Yamaha documentation indicates that the first F225 to get Command Link capability is 69JX 1021983. This serial just happens to use a -31 ECU. It also is the first Yam US F225TXR serial number after the last F225TXRD model.

Comment

That page applies to non-US motors. US motors already had the CL compliant -31 ECU. And yes the ECU was updated to the -32 configuration but the part number denotes a minor change.

Comment

Command Link applicability first serials to have this capability.

Comment

D'oh.... I know I'm prone to sloppy reading comprehension -

buts that's egregious.

Good thing I'm not getting paid to do this, I'd get canned.....

Comment

D'oh.... I know I'm prone to sloppy reading comprehension -

buts that's egregious.

Good thing I'm not getting paid to do this, I'd get canned.....
                  You mean you don't get the vast sums that rodnut and boscoe receive to try and monopolize this board?

One thing about posting almost anything is that some swinging richard is going to spot the fly sh1t in the pepper.

Comment

More stuff for fairdeal

More from the 2007 MTG. Note that it indicates that the -31 and the -32 ECU's are B interchangeable (new for new and new for old) for US models but the -11 and the -32 ECU's are C interchangeable (no interchangeability) for world wide (less US) models.

Also shown is the reason for the -31 to -32 change. Check engine and water in fuel indications added.

Last edited by boscoe99; 09-19-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Comment

thanks! - great stuff!

I blew right past the "interchangeability" without a clue to its significance

and "ironically" -

bought a copy of the 2006 MTG last week - but haven't yet received it.

Now - here's a puzzler: I'm running a -31 ECU

and, as I've posted a while back - it gives the "Water in fuel" NEMA 2000 alarm!

Comment

thanks! - great stuff!

I blew right past the "interchangeability" without a clue to its significance

and "ironically" -

bought a copy of the 2006 MTG last week - but haven't yet received it.

Now - here's a puzzler: I'm running a -31 ECU

and, as I've posted a while back - it gives the "Water in fuel" NEMA 2000 alarm!

Check your email.

Comment

Working...
                          X