2001 Yamaha 150txrz oil issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yamaha 150txrz oil issues

I have a issue with my 2001 150 Txrz oil transfer precision blend. I have read all the posts by rodbolt regarding precision blend. I have also bought a shop manual. My pump works only with the emergency switch. I have replaced the remote switch and the connector cable. I have also changed the engine switch and connector. I have tested both switches. My tach doesn't have lights. I have a black bar that flashes when the oil is low. According to the shop manual - there is nothing left to do but replace the ecu. So I wanted to reach out before I had to pay $1000 for the ecu. It may be wiring somewhere - but I don't have any clue what else it could be other than the ecu. Any help would e appreciated.

did you read the thread boscoe99 posted for you?
    I guess you did because you are posting now.
    maybe the mods can combine the 2 threads.
    ask them to
    or reply to the other thread

Comment

When you say check the wiring - not sure what more I can check. All connections to and from ecu are brand new. I have good ground. I've done the 180 second test. Nothing works except manual switch to turn on pump. According to shop manual- they have the trouble shooting tree and base on that - it says my ecu is bad. But rodbolt has said before that ecu' almost never go bad. So I'll need a much more specific instructions than - " check the wiring"

Comment

2001 motor, what does this motor need to see to allow the auto transfer to happen?
        motor running, pulser or CPS signal maybe?
        the old ones used tilt or mercury switch

Comment

engine must be running,pulser coil signal, for auto transfer to occur.

the ECU must also "see" SWB closed.

the only way to test transfer with the engine off is for SWB and SW3 to be closed.
          like I asked, what are the tach displays at key on engine off?

there is a splice in the harness where the black/red turns to green/white and green/black.

if that splice fails the engine ECU may not see SWB closed yet the tach will display it closed.

Comment

if the ECU "sees" both switchs grounded the transfer will turn on for 180 seconds at key on engine off.
            it will also blink all 3 oil icons.
            the audible will set until the ground is taken from SW3(open).

Comment

With key on engine off - the tach blinks if the oil is below the bottom level line. If the oil level is above the bottom marks- then the tach displays nothing. I don't have lights - just a blinking line

Comment

I have replaced the connector line from the remote tank to the engine tank. Where the splice is - the connector looks really good. Not dirty or cruddy at all. Remote tank float switch is new and engine tank float new as well

Comment

When engine tank is low - I do get the horn, and motor goes into limp mode. But I only get 1 blinking icon, Not three. this is the original Yamaha tach. I have read the manual and it does seem as though I should have three icons for the oil readings, but I only get 1 blinking if only is low and nothing blinking if oil level is ok.

Comment

I don't have three bars - like I said - one bar flashing when oil is low - and no bars at all if oil is ok.

Comment

Maybe that's a sign that my ecu isn't working ?

Comment

a picture of your tach would be nice about now.

I have seen 2 ECU oil modules fail since about 1999.
                        both were due to stuck pumps and they melted the oil control circuits inside the ECU.

we don't care about new parts used parts clean connections and such.

what we care about is what voltages are getting back to the ECU.

if your SWB closed signal cannot make it to the ECU it will NEVER auto transfer.
                        manual will work.
                        if you have a Yamaha digital tach it should show the center bar,arrow or yellow lamp indicate.
                        now this middle indicate is NOT an ECU function.
                        it is a function of SWB and there is a splice in the engine harness that splits the signal.
                        on wire heads for the ECU the other heads for the tach.

Comment

This is the page from the owners manual that shows which tach I have. It a digital tach.
                          Attached Files

Comment

ok
                            so at key on you should see all icons blink then the far right remain.
                            if the far right does not remain and it shifts to the center no automatic transfer will ever occur.
                            what indicates do you have at key on?

Comment

When key is on all icons blink and then right side remains and oil stops blinking if there is sufficient oil.

Comment

Working...
                              X