Posting for Captkeith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting for Captkeith

Capt Keith can't post for some reason. I am going to post a thread for him and then he and others can join in as is felt appropriate:

Quote I am a new member to this forum, only been here about two weeks. I do not understand why I do not have the ability to post a new message. I have not received a verification email since I joined over two weeks ago. I don't know if this is normal because I've never really been a part of a form group before. The only way that will let me ask a question is if I do a private message. I apologize in advance if this is not something you wish to have done.

I have a 2001 150 TXRZ. Automatic transfer will not work. I have read all the posts by rod bolt regarding this issue and am well-versed in all of the functions of the precision blend system. I have also bought the shop manual for this motor and I've gone through it extensively. The pump works and there is no clog in the filter. The manual switch works when it is engaged and fills the engine and reservoir in approximately three minutes. I have replaced the remote tank float switch and connector line. I have replaced the engine mounted float switch and connector. To my understanding the only thing left in the system that could be giving me problems is the ECU. I have heard rod bolts talked extensively about reading the gauges. My gauge does not have lights. It has a blinking or flashing symbol when the oil is low. When the oil in the engine mount tank is at the or above the appropriate level, I get no symbol on the tach at all. When the oil in the tank goes below the bottom level, I get the horn and the motor goes into limp mode. I'm at a total loss for whatever else to do, and again the only thing that I can understand what is left to either repair or replace would be the ECU. Any help on this matter you could give me would be greatly appreciated. End quote.

A ground reference has to get from the engine block, through a wire to the remote tank oil sensor switch, across the switch, through a wire back to the engine ECU/CDI. If anything along the way prevents the ground from reaching the ECU/CDI then the automatic transfer won't work. You might or might not be able to see this on certain Yamaha multi-function tachometers.

Here is a diagram that shows the flow path for the ground circuit. A black wire carries the ground signal to the remote tank sensor switch and a black/red wire carries the ground path to the ECU/CDI.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40
      Tell him to PM the admin and ask about him not being able to post.

open the top post and click on the name admin

I never had a problem posting from day one
      Capt Keith should have received an e-mail like this....

Dear ***x,

Thank you for registering at the Yamaha Outboard Parts Forum. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration.

Please Note - You will not be able to post to the forum until you complete this last step to become a registered member.

To complete your registration, please visit this URL: http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/r...099&i=85262870

**** Does The Above URL Not Work? ****
      If the above URL does not work, please use your Web browser to go to:
      Yamaha Outboard Parts Forum - Activate Your Account

Please be sure not to add extra spaces. You will need to type in your username and activation number on the page that appears when you visit the URL.

Your Username is: ***xx
      Your Activation ID is: ***xx

If you are still having problems signing up please contact a member of our support staff at web.master@yamahaoutboardparts.com

All the best,
      Yamaha Outboard Parts Forum

Did he check his spam folder? Did he try to register again?
      Chuck,
      1997 Mako 191 w/2001 Yamaha SX150 TXRZ Pushing Her

Comment

with key on engine off what does the tach display?
        it should display a solid bar,arrow or block at the far right.
        if the center is illuminated it wont auto transfer.

Comment

Working...
        X