Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6y5-2818r-32 tachometer

Hello everyone!
    It's my first post here and unfortunately ... another boring question about tachometers.
    I have an old 1996 100 hp v4 (two strokes, mod. n. 64W-300189 - it's a derated version sold in Europe of classics 115 e 130 V4) and I'm looking for a used tacho.
    I found on line a 6y5-2818r-32 tachometer and was wondering whether it is compatible with my engine.
    Any advise?
    Thanks in advance

I am guessing that it will work.

Can you get the seller to send you a photo of the front and back and then you post them here?

Comment

Of course!
      Here are the photos.
      Thx
      Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely that tachometer will work. Looks like what is commonly referred to as a -80 or -81 tachometer.

6Y5-8350T-80-00 YAMAHA DIGITAL TACHOMETER ASSY

6Y5-8350T-81-00 Yamaha Outboard Tachometer

Comment

Thanks Boscoe99,
          But what do you mean by saying "Looks like what is commonly referred to as a -80 or -81 tachometer"? It means that you don't recognize the part code that I've specified and you only recognize the tachometer "visually" and it looks similar to the models you referred to?

Comment

It means I don't recognize the part number that you provided. Maybe the number you provided is a "kit" number. It is not the tachometer number with which I am familiar. But I recognize the tachometer. It is depicted in the links that I provided.

Comment

But if it was a genuine Yamaha "Kit" number you should be able to identify it, right? My concern is that the tacho is a chinese fake ...

Comment

There are no Yamaha part numbers on 99 percent of Yamaha outboard motor parts. How can I identify a part from a photo other than to ssy it looks exactly like an older Yamaha tachometer with which I am familiar.

If you are concerned about it being a fake part then just buy the latest part number tachometer from boats.net.

6Y5-8350T-83-00 TACHOMETER ASSY

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  There are no Yamaha part numbers on 99 percent of Yamaha outboard motor parts. How can I identify a part from a photo other than to ssy it looks exactly like an older Yamaha tachometer with which I am familiar.

If you are concerned about it being a fake part then just buy the latest part number tachometer from boats.net.

6Y5-8350T-83-00 TACHOMETER ASSY
                  Sorry Boscoe99, but I do not fully understand your answer…
                  It is obvious that you’re not able to identify exactly the part simply watching the photos I linked.
                  What I was asking is different: if the code specified (6y5-2818r-32) corresponds to an original Yamaha part (even a kit), it should be detectable in one Yamaha parts database (regardless of the fact that the item in the photos has or not that number stamped on it). And that's what I'd like to ascertain. I want decide to buy (or not) the item that I've found on line, after determining if it’s an original part.
                  Anyway, thanks for your time and for your super useful feedbacks.

Comment

Working...
                  X