2012 20hp 4 stroke knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 20hp 4 stroke knowledge

Hello all.. I have a 2012 20 hp electric start on my small fishing boat here in Michigan.. I love this thing and have only one complaint..... don't get to use it enough...

wanted to get a head start on the knowledge department with this engine unlike some other small engine items I have that I wished I had checked the forums sooner...

Has anyone had any issues with the smaller Yamaha 4 stroke outboards that are in the timeframe of mine?

I haven't seen anything searching the forums.

I am pretty religious on the maintenance and winterizing so I don't suspect i'll have any issues there.

Thanks!

Use Yamaha's RingFree religiously, a fuel stabilizer and NON-Ethonol fuel if possible...

And flush with muffs running too, especially after running in salt water..
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-12-2016, 06:00 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

yep bad fuel from setting up is the most likely problems they will see

Comment

thanks for the info... I only run ethonal free fuel in all my small engines and use the marine fuel stabilizer. I'm in fresh water but do flush out the system with the hole attachment regularly...

what is Ringfree... I thought it was just a fuel stabilizer.. should I use it in addition to the marine fuel stabilizer?

Comment

can anyone tell me the oem part number for the fuel filter? of course the owner's manual doesn't give me any specific info other than change it...

Comment

Originally posted by qb100100 View Post
            can anyone tell me the oem part number for the fuel filter? of course the owner's manual doesn't give me any specific info other than change it...
            How can we/anyone give you a specific filter part number when you have not given us a specific engine model identity?

All I can guess with what you have provided is that the motor is coloured gray. The filter you need looks tan.

Comment

Ring Free is NOT a stabilizer. Its a top end cleaner as well as a fuel system ceaner. HIGHLY Recommended..
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                How can we/anyone give you a specific filter part number when you have not given us a specific engine model identity?

All I can guess with what you have provided is that the motor is coloured gray. The filter you need looks tan.
                sorry here is the motor info..

f20esh
                6ahk s 1031533 d
                mfg 1/11

the manual calls out dpark plug , oils/quantity but not the fuel filter.

thanks

Comment

Looks like part #6: 61N-24563-00-00

2006 and Later F20ESH Yamaha Outboard FUEL 1 Diagram and Parts

**BTW, If you look up at the top right of this page, you'll see "Purchase Yamaha Parts" in RED.

Click on that tab, enter your info and search away. It also helps, besides finding parts, how certain thing may assemble, etc...

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-16-2016, 02:42 PM. Reason: Typo
                  Scott

Comment

thanks for the info and the link.. now I can find what I need.

Comment

Yepper, have fun!
                      Scott

Comment

Working...
                      X